The Cynos B Turbo...or Asshat as I like to call it

lush mate.

one point though, you wont need a 255lph walbro pump....ever, on a starlet/paseo/cynos or whatever, it aint a skyline ;)

my friends using one on his 450bhp S14, and it fuels more than enough. I find it really odd that people still use those MASSIVE pumps, because they really arent needed. 215lph (say, stock skyline pump, stock evo pump etc) are more than adequate, and are like, 30quid, can save alot of money and obviously will fuel MORE than enough. this is prob why alot of tuned starbos tend to overkill on the overfuelling, its just inherent with the massive pumps where most of the capacity is wasted :)

starting to become consensus on tgtt now as a few people have discussed it, but it makes sense really. if a tuned 2.6 straight-6 twin turbo can make use of a 255lph jobby without worrying, then i imagine its gonna be a tad overkill on a 1300 ;) just a thought matey. might save you some money elsewhere if you havent already bought it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the comments guys, like stheriously.

Harrison, well I've known that the Walbro pumps were overkill...just didn't know to what extent, I know the 4efte only uses, what, 135lph as standard? So with the Walbro pump, 125lph will just be sent back to the tank...heated. As you can tell, I've decided against the pump for now, but what would be a happy medium? I've got some 315cc/min injectors coming, thought they'd be a good precaution, and cost me £20 from Canada.

by the way, got new mods :p

Le Mans Mudd kit

th_DSC00611.jpg

th_DSC00610.jpg

th_DSC00609.jpg

th_DSC00608.jpg

ewww, clean that up, and rest of the mud on the car while you're at it :wub:

Thanks for the comments chap, everyday I hate this car less and less...then other issues crop up like a clunking from the suspension at the front to match the rattle at the back :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Gaz ;) Anyway,

Another update:

With the much appreciated help of C3dpo (Dean), I got my JIC Coilovers installed...sorry for the lack of pictures, will try get more.

th_DSC00837.jpg

th_DSC00834.jpg

Verdict - they're stiff...very stiff, but a better compromise than the KYB SS Shocks & RS*R Springs - they were mismatched in my eyes, the shocks were just too hard for the Soft RS*R Springs, they were far too high in Rebound/Bound for the springs, so it just jerked everywhere, the JIC's are much better controlled, they are stiffer but they jerk much less, the rebound is much less pronounced as the springs are of obviously a much higher spring rate...and roll is reduced too, great compromise

Had a scare as the damper shaft bolts weren't tightened, so had a noisy ride back from Dean's house :p Though my steering is stupidly light now, thinking maybe my track rod ends are going? Or Anti-roll bar bushes or something or other...as there's a clunking that developed in France that happens on low speed turns and under acceleration...

• 2 months later...

- Update - Interior Trim Ripped out

Got bored after coming back from the bank, so spent 10mins getting the rear passenger trim, b & a-pillar trims, and headlining out...a good 5kg or so out of the car:

th_DSC01015.jpg

th_DSC01014.jpg

th_DSC01013.jpg

th_DSC01012.jpg

th_DSC01011.jpg

th_DSC01010.jpg

th_DSC01009.jpg

This is just the beginning, need to remove the powersteering when I'm bothered, going to buy some dry ice to get rid of the sound-deadening soon, get rid of the remaining trim, aerial and wiring etc...Using some scales, seems like everything I took out of the interior tallies up about 33kg, not bad.

I also noticed, there is so much that can be done to reinforce the chassis of the car, if I could weld I'd be all over the car seam-welding, welding in gussets etc...It's beyond me how the car doesn't fold in on itself

- Minor Update - Carpet ripped out

Just a minor update, ripped out the carpet (another 3kg out):

th_DSC01033.jpg

And my god that's a lot of sound deadening, will need to buy some dry ice soon, and get all the sound deadening on the firewall off. I also really need to learn how to weld and find a metal works shop I can use...so much room for improvement on the Rigidity of the car, it's pretty much just stamped sheet metal and gaping holes everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

- Update -

Zep Racing Decat, Apex-i Voltage Stabiliser, Tom's TECS ECU, SARD RRFPR & Fitting Kit, Oil Catch Can and JAM Actuator all received...update put into first post above specification list :)

Well I finally wired up the Boost Gauge and doesn't she just look purdy?

th_DSC01064.jpg

Though the style queens amongst you will cringe at the fact that I got lazy routing the wiring, so just stuck them through a hole I made with a soldering iron in the dash :lol:. Oh, and for more bodge fixes, the shoelace holding up my exhaust broke, so I decided to use 4 stainless steel ties for heat wrap...it lasted a whole...oooh, 100yards?! Anyway, here's some pics of the Sinus

th_DSC01060.jpg

th_DSC01059.jpg

th_DSC01058.jpg

th_DSC01057.jpg

th_DSC01056.jpg

th_DSC01055.jpg

th_DSC01054.jpg

Further updates too, got the following fitted/done over the weekend (pictures in first post):

- Fitted Oil Catch Tank

- Fitted SARD RRFPR

- Relocated Air Filter (badly)

- Tied up muffler (for the 3984th time)

...and for yet another installation of Bodgeness fun - I actually mutilated my garden hose for the Oil Catch Tank hosing, and I silicon sealed one end into the intake :lol: Intake pipe is the stock one turned downwards, so it's pressed up against the radiator fan, gearbox etc...The muffler is now being held up by a Coat Hanger...which is far more effective than the Stainless Steel ties.

Ahh...bet Toyota never thought the car could be hobbled up together with garden and household items when they designed it, I proved them! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

- Update -

Christmas is coming early for me :p These items should be making their ways to me shortly...:

th_silkroadcoilovers.jpg

th_ssrlongchampswheels.jpg

They Silk Road RM/A8 Coilovers and 15" x 6.5" SSR XR-4S Longchamps Alloy wheels...I'm really hoping the Coilovers are sound or I'll cry and cry and cry......*sniff* :D And hopefully if they are the coilovers will mean...one step further away from bodgeness as I can get a REAL Exhaust mount :p