The Cynos B Turbo...or Asshat as I like to call it

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've redone them with primer now, and the colour is most certainly flamboyant! Anyway, perfect time for an update - have been a busy bee in this last week, Last Sunday I had Dan (goldenVTR) come down in his Raucous EP91 to help me do some things...

<shall get pictures up soon>

Mainly we achieved the following:

- Disconnected Powersteering Pump

- Installed front Silkroad Coilovers

- Fitted Blitz Decat

I finished the Coilovers off the following Monday (thanks once again to secksjay :lol:), as well as replacing the seized brake caliper (finally!) and finishing the fitting of the Decat...only to find out we had neglected to put any Exhaust paste on it...ah well. Today I finished heat wrapping/heat-reflective tape wrapping the intercooler & intake pipes, as well as getting the radiator back in etc...

Also did a bit of modifying to the front bumper...

Before:

th_DSC01180.jpg

After:

th_DSC01181.jpg

For now I have the stock licence plate, but I shall need to get a square one to avoid blocking the vents. They don't sit flush to the bumper but at least they achieve what I sought - air to the complete height of the intercooler! Verdict so far? Coilovers are a huge difference to the Seized/leaking old ones (though that's like saying Paris Hilton hasn't got a purpose in life - bloody obvious!), even on the hardest setting the rear suspension is nowhere near as stiff as with the JIC's! And the damping/spring rates front to rear actually seem to have been made for the same car! Downpipe's made the car a lot louder too, but hey ho, I can live :ph34r: Car no longer makes flames from the rear driver's side brake which is a relief too!

This coming Saturday I shall hopefully have my Steering Rack swapped for a Manual one, Crankshaft Pulley swapped for a 4EFE one, and perhaps my Phenolic Intake Manifold Gasket and As-flamboyant-as-the-coilovers Sounding Horn installed, as well as once again getting my Cusco BMCS in! :p Watch this space :)

quicker than stock :ph34r:

No idea chap, haven't had the pleasure/money for a dyno, trackday etc... for a while, and not much of a drag queen (some will argue that). Shall have to get a dyno session soon though, when the manifold, rebuilt CT9b and JAM Actuator go on I should be seeing a reasonable amount. Mind you, 70mph feels more like 120mph though with all the interior out, hope to make it feel like 150mph once I get rid of the sound deadening, remnants of the powersteering system etc... :lol:

yeah, as a runaround - and I tell him that all the time :ph34r:

Thanks Idrees - pictures from my friend's SLR will come soon - wear sunglasses, the Fluorescent Pink is too Fabulous for unshaded eyes

great update Riko my good man!!!! love watchin the progress of this car! :ph34r::lol:

U MUST attend JAE this yr or i will hunt u down and blast NON-METAL music at u from my boot!!!!!!

bumper looks class dude, how did u do it?? are they just universal vents or wots the dealio??

lookin forward to seein the pinkness!!!!! :p:)

Phil.

hehe, thanks Phil - shall need to get pictures up of the pink...ooh err :)

As for the bumper....I attacked it with my trusty Dremel! They R33 Skyling GTR Replica Bumper Vents bought on eGay, drew out a template, stuck them on the bumper and cut around it. It's not sitting flush but, meh, it does what it needs to, just need to get some Silicone Sealant so I don't need to use my Licence Plate to hold them in :ph34r:

And that's a threat if I ever did hear one! Unfortunately...apart from not really being a "meets" person, I will probably be in Saudi Arabia by then (if it IS on July 26th like I've heard), sorry dude! Would be great to meet up and criticise people's wrongful choice of music preferrence! :lol:

hehe, thanks guys, took my inspiration from:

BigGayAl_thumbnail.jpg

:)

By the way Si, have had spacers put on the front & rear wheels or just the front? Had any clearance issues? The 14's desparately need to be pushed out of the arches....not only for looks, but to regain some "sanity" on the motorway (as fun as constantly weaving at 70mph is)

On that note - a series of events led to the inevitable stripping of the sound deadening of the car like it were my destiny - I broke my horn button, so took it to my room to investigate, finished fixing and needed the retaining spring which was in the car...whilst frolicking about in the interior, I accidentally lifted a piece of Sound Deadening...and it was loose.

th_DSC01199.jpg

th_DSC01198.jpg

th_DSC01197.jpg

th_DSC01196.jpg

Seems like this weather is optimal for removing sound deadening - it literally just peeled off! Must be a good 10kg of Sound Deadening I removed, and it's mostly removed the adhesive too! A bit of a wipe down with some white spirit and it should be fine. Just need to remove the material on the transmission tunnel and then remove the dash to remove the firewall and that's all that there is to be "stripped" from the interior, gone.

More updates to come soon, have a Zep Racing Engine Damper, Rebuilt CT9b w/ 1Bar JAM Actuator, and some other fancy parts coming to me shortly, as well as some work getting done on Thursday <_<

noice work as ususal mate!!!! get on with the rest of that stripping while the weather is assisting u!!!! infact, its nite right now and therefore even colder, stop reading this and get out there immediately!!

i said STOP reading this!!

NOW DAMMIT RIKKARDO!!!!!!!!! <_<:D:(

lookin forward to your next update dude!!!!

Phil.

hehe, thankies Darling :(

Phil - will do, like reading your Amusing responses to the pink bits on the car etc <_< Unfortunately the remaining sound deadening is too gay (and actually part melted) so would need to continue in the morning...even though we bought Flood lights for this very reason...BAH! Laziness has conquered