The Cynos B Turbo...or Asshat as I like to call it

@ Ecksjay - if its a crease why cant you iron it out? :p

@ Riko - i think its on a point where you can push it out from the inside, but they must have a strong punch if someone thumped it B)

by the way, how did you remove the grille? i know its basically cut and thats it, but did you take the bumper off to do so?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it isn't, it's right down by the bulkhead so there's no physical way of attacking it from the inside. And, well, you've taken your bumper grille out already but yes, I had the bumper in my bedroom to do it, as easier

Just to add, forgot to take better pictures of the manifold, so here goes:

th_DSC00062.jpg

th_DSC00059.jpg

th_DSC00056.jpg

Plus a little something I bought cause I was bored:

th_DSC00083.jpg

th_DSC00081.jpg

th_DSC00080.jpg

That'd be a Zep Racing Pillowball Panhard Rod...should replace the Whiteline nicely. Also have a Zep Racing Rear lower Bar coming soon too. Hopefully will get the Panhard Rod, Wheel Nuts and Brake lines on before the weekend (aka. When I'm bothered)

Thanks chap - only JAM Thing I have is the Actuator now ;) the FCC I bought used, ditto the Actuators (bought JAM ones liek 3 times now), been offered a JAM ECU etc...it's just a case of asking on forums and seeing what people have, or going via the Yahoo Auctions :p

My car is officially a Yahoo Auctions/eGay/Junkyard car....not much of it came brand new! (even the car is from eGay :p)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update...

As fellow students may know, our Student loans have come in once again, so it was time to be a foolish idiot, and spend it all on car parts again :). Shall be receiving the following shortly:

- Zep Racing Floorbrace

- Tanabe 4 point Front Lower Control Arm Brace

- TRD CV Joints (you read it right)

- SSR Longchamps wheels (well, they've been due since October now...)

- 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2 tyres

- C56 Gearbox (hopefully non-lsd)

- "AE111 Levin Superstrut discs" (they're not from a Levin, but it has the right dimensions, and they'll need to be machined)

- Zep Racing Braided Clutch hose

- Longer wheel studs

- Royal Purple Gear oil

- Getting a throttlebody Ported & Polished for poops and giggles

I'm trying to concentrate now on just tidying the car up and righting the wrongs (finally), for example, changing the clutch that now slips in 3rd, replacing the CV Joints which are so farked that I get bump-steer....going in a straight line, replacing my limited edition (/sarc) slick tyres with tyres that don't actually scare the living hell out of me in the rain and so on...

Also intending on completing my AE111 Twinpot Brake conversion relatively soon. After which, I want to get a Dyno done as well as get Leda to align the car, get myself some DIN Gauges annnnnnnnd....hopefully be ready for a trackday (after a 2 year absence). After which things will get more interesting...i.e. 5E and a different turbo interesting...

Oh, and got my Zep Racing Rear Lower Arm a couple of weeks back now :)

that manifold is larger than the moon :/ seems a bit pointless and OTT on the CT9, but whatever floats your boat, you are a crazed idiotic student after all.

also, why have you replaced the panhard rod with a.....panhard rod? how does it differ? will it provide you with anything different to the whiteline??

you sir, are an odd person. and that is why i love you.

lets spoon.

oh it probably is, and I can't say anything of it as yet as it only actually has 2 fully torqued bolts holding the turbo on...and I would say that its a lot less pathetic in the top-end than usual, but my clutch slips in 3rd gear now so...I can't really tell :)

And...well...as per "crazy idiotic student"...errr, I thought it would be a slightly better Panhard rod?? ;) Hehe, no but really, just want to replace all bushes with Pillowball eventually, displace my spleen? Meh. And thankies honeybuns :) you can be the big spoon as usual

if you want Riko.. drive down to me and we will clean your car from top to bottom... incl sorting your engine bay (i.e. getting rid of filthey oil :)) and maybe if you need it, swap the splash quards..

good luck with the plans though mate, as im not exactly a mechanical minded person.. it sounds good from what im reading

• 2 weeks later...

Woo, some updates!

Fitted my Zep Racing Panhard Rod and Zep Racing Rear Lower Axle Arm Bar, as well as the Trust Lugnuts (real difficult :)), and fixed my Zep Racing Engine Damper too! Will very soon re-fit my Zisco Manifold (seeing as only 2 nuts are now holding the turbo on!) too - pictures will follow tomorrow :(

....then the big updates will follow very shortly...namely AE111 Brake Conversion, C56 Gearbox change (with RG Clutch, TRD CV Joints, Royal Purple Gear Oil and Zep Racing Clutch hose at the same time), and some further weight stripping (stripping wiring loom down, cutting dash out, further sound deadening removal...), fit a few things I've had laying about plus I'm awaiting a couple of braces , 5E-FHE camshafts...

Also, received my new wheels - 15" SSR Longchamps! Taken a while...Once I can afford to they'll be getting Refurbished and have some new Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Tyres for them :(

Watch this space

RG make 12k springs for their coilovers, and nothing but, so even if it is organic, well, it aint gonna be light....

and if it is, then thats prob just the nature of it. i'd love to play with their paddle stuff, its probably actually made of concrete :)

why did you get an RG out of curiosity?