Xpects project "Heavenly Blue"

Hey guys,

I thought I'd introduce my german Starlet in the edition "Moonlight". As of now it's a more or less standard N/A but I already have my plans...

And for the beginning excuse possible translation failures, I'm good at general English but the specialized parts such as Motor parts are hard to learn.

First how I got her:

Exterior:

2012-03-0117.22.52vcxd9.jpg 2012-03-0117.23.0829y1y.jpg 2012-03-0117.23.22hby0k.jpg 2012-03-0117.23.34p7l84.jpg

I've not seen ANY Starlet with this color on here. In Germany the Moonlight Editions came in two colors. This 8M2 metallic-blue and in Black.

Main features of the Moonlight are 13" alloys from Factory, mirrors and bumpers in car-color as well as a sunroof. At least that are the only things I know.

Motor:

md0007122xj2z.jpg md0007133pjy1.jpg md0007147tj85.jpg md000715z3jwy.jpg

Interior:

2012-03-1716.27.493ob5q.jpg 2012-03-1716.29.347nze9.jpg

I then made some pictures of the worst parts of the color, viewable in this Gallery: http://www.abload.de...hp?key=kFd4J1YD

Also I removed the things on the seats (what are they called?) and discovered the following:

20120626_11224092web.jpg 20120626_112250r30y7.jpg 20120626_112306jg5zl.jpg

They've seen better days...

So in the near future I'll get the much much better seats from the Paseo for the front (afaik they are the same as the GT or Glanza ones ;) ) and drop the rear bench out.

I then did a few bits and bobs on the car.

I had a failure on the cables that go to the spark-plugs, the cable to number 3 melted. So I bought some new cables and spark-plugs. A member of the german Starlet Club also fitted a E11 intake manifold on our annual Clubmeet:

dsci11110t0hb.jpg

Now the interior as it is today:

There are 13cm Speakers ;)

dsci1131ig4mi.jpgdsci1132db2bd.jpg dsci1133b20g0.jpg20120626_112322001gz.jpg

I also like my Smartphone to lay stable on top of my dash so I bought something, very cheaply, from China (together with some Valve Caps with Toyota Logo on them):

20120731_1609152is9m.jpg

The Exterior also saw some minor changes:

dsci112715lr7.jpgdsci1128wrb1g.jpgdsci1129roa12.jpg2012-03-1418.07.32oua2e.jpg 2012-03-1418.08.53tfy68.jpg

Full list of the few mods done so far:

- UK-spec rear light on the left side

- Changed front speakers to 13cm ones

- Some Stickers on the rear side windows and fuel cover (or what's it called)

- tinted rear side windows dark black (selfmade, not perfect but with 7€ or 5£ for the foil really cheap)

- front indicator lenses changed to clear ones

- Gearknob changed to a plished alloy one

- Corolla EE11 intake manifold

- an alloy-look plastic on the entrance things under the doors

There are some other mods I have in mind. I'm also talking to a member on here for a few bits. I'll give no hints ;)

Also today a part arrived that needs a lick of paint to fit my car and is one of the standard mods done on here. I'll give out pics when this is on my car ;)

Greetings from Germany,

Renko (and no, that's not another nickname)

Edited by Xpect

As fas as I know the 8M2 is the rarest color for Starlets.

Phil, how did you fit your Glanza Spoiler on your Bootlid?

Some mods I've planned are:

- a spoiler (guess which ;) )

- new Soundsystem (someone in a German HiFi Forum wants to sell me a very interesting bit for a really low price)

- new front bumper and if I can get a matching other part (surprise)

- tint the rear window and redo the sides

- Corolla EE10 Exhaust Manifold (woohoo, like 5more bhp)

- Struts and Braces. Everywhere

- Lower it after finding new shocks. But as far as I see it now a "Gewindefahrwerk" (the thing the Meister Rs are, adjustable and stuff) is not much more expensive than good shocks and springs. So maybe I'll take one of those directly. Maybe buy for like 70€ some cheap lowering springs that might last for a year. Time will tell. First the struts.

Dang. Than I might have to weld some bolts into the boot. Or have them welded on. My stepfather maybe can do that ^^

I'm asking myself why most people on here don't use the Corolla Exhaust manifold, as it is a 4-2-1 one which gives a bit of a bhp gain. With that and the intake manifold I think I'd be looking at 82bhp, a bit more than the stock 75bhp. Only the EE11 intake did do a great change, the car pulls faster I think.

In the long term I want to get a FTE in there, or maybe if my engine ever fails a 5E for a start. Would even be a bit cheaper on taxes :D

Good thing about the 5E is, I could keep my N/A mods like intake and exhaust manifolds and stuff like that. And it's easier to get, for a FTE I'd have to pay for a holiday in the UK ;)

I thought about changing my engine at 250 000 km (or 155 342 miles) as it hast covered 203 000 km now (this are like 126 138 miles) and then go up to a 5E. Well, I'll see about that when it's time for that. I only drove 10000 km since I got my beauty in March.

I couldn't stop myself from trial-fitting the spoiler. So here are the pictures:

20120803_193613jpok5.jpg 20120803_193627fcosk.jpg 20120803_193643tuo5p.jpg

As I said, needs to be painted and I need to fit it properly, but...

It's a perfect fit for the otherwise blank bum of a Starlet.

The Starlets ass looks naked and not too beautiful without a Spoiler, I think.

Edited by Xpect

The Sky-blue 8M2 color my Moonlight has is as far as I know the rarest color amongst all Toyotas. At least as it's a color special to the Moonlights it's the rarest of all Starlet colors.

And in Germany also normal Starlets came in black, as far as I know.

Edited by Xpect

I need some opinions on coloring the Spoiler.

Should it:

1. get color-coded

2. get matte black

3. get gloss black

4. stay White

At first a few hints: If I get someone to store parts for me for a short time (as shipping to Germany alone is all money I have at spare in a month) I might get Glanza Sideskirts. which will get the same color as the Spoiler.

I'm in talks with a guy on here for something for the front. Only hint I will igve is it has something to do with Chrome. I'm still saving up a bit for it.

Also whatever color it gets (apart from color coded) I'll need to source myself a decent lip to get the same color to let the car stay tidy and not let it look like a clowns face.

Also I will steal some bits off of Glanzas but I will NEVER do a full Glanza replica. It would be one of only a few (like 3 or so) in Germany, but what I have in mind will be done the first time in Germany and even on here the said part making the biggest difference was mostly dropped in favour of a respecting Glanza part. And very rare. In fact even in your UK forum I've seen that said part only once and the owner dropped it for a Glanza part so I will get it as soon as I get the money together ;)

Edited by Xpect

Nope, that would be also cool but not what I have in mind. Those don't have Chrome on them, do they? ;)

It's also a front only sold in Japan but looks more european than any other front ;)

Damn. Yes, that's the one. A lovely Carat frontbumper from the user "tomsgtadvance". I really appreciate that he wants to sell it to me and that he has no problem with waiting until I gather the needed money.

Only one guy I know of in this forum still has that bumper on his car. In Germany there seem to be no cars with it. And i personnaly think it looks great. But I won't fit all that Chrome bits a Carat has, only if I ever get them the rear lights and said bumper. Would make my car even more individual.

Me too. Only on pics. But I was in love at first sight.

Maybe in one or two years, depending on my money, I'll go on holiday in the UK in time for your JAE.

But my car would need a respray first. And a 5E or FTE(as it's more practical to respray it when the engine is out and that's something I can't or won't do without need)

Hey guys,

that "really interesting bit" I talked about a few posts earlier arrived today and I got it fitted as soon as I got it. It's really a cheap shot, like 55£ I think.

It's a new radio.

My old radio skipped on Tracks, only played CDs, Display illumination didn't work, while pushing a button it often randomly restarted (without interrupting the playing) and so on. To make long things short: It was crap.

So, the new one is a whole different story. It lacks many features you would expect from a expensive Headunit, but as it was cheap and has the features I asked for in the German HiFi-Forum (CD, MP3 (from CD aswell), USB and SD-Cardslot, Subwoofer-/Remote-Out, Red or White illumination) I won't complain. Also it has another feature I really don't mind having.

I'll show you:

20120810_220653pjsya.jpg

Yeah, DVD playing :D

It's just a 1-DIN Unit but it's better then nothing. And at's a nice little touch to my car I think.

For Phil: What DVD is this picture taken from? ;)

very nice dude. single din with USB and MP3 functionality is all anyone needs!

ohhh...thats a nasty one...Jaymz with long hair, so its before Cunning Stunts...and the only official live DVD from before Cunning Stunts (that I know of) is Live Shit, Binge and Purge, Jaymz still had long hair then...so...my guess is Live Shit...

?????

Phil.

It's from "Live in San Diego", 1992 ;)

In the German Forum the guess also whlas Live Shit. It's the full San Diego Concert that's also on Live Shit.

And it's my year of birth, I had to buy it as I saw it ^^

And yeah, finally I've got the features I really need. Plus DVD. What else could I ask for? In a year or two I want to have a carPC but until then this Headunit is more than enough.

a friend of my sisters has a carat front bumper on her starlet :) pretty sure she scrapped the car though, so its gone to the scrap yard in the sky :(

as rare as they might be, i think they are ugly lol along with the dodgy jaguar stylee front bumper they made

as for your spoiler, id color code it with the paintwork because its a lovely color :)

I think the Japstyle Carat front bumper looks good. But on the actual Carat there is too much Chrome. Much like newer Opels (Vauxhall in the UK I think) that have too much Chrome on them.

I think I'll let it stay white for a start and see how well it fit's to the rest of the car in that color. Light blue and white seems to look good together, as well as dark blue and black.

So guys, the new spoiler is fitted, just the wiring needs a bit of work. But here's a pic (also with clear side indicators and removed the bumpstrips, need to clean the remains of glue on the sides)

20120815_1417019fzzj.jpg

Next will be painting the door handles white too, as I think that would look awesome with the white Spoiler. Cheers to Davey Demolition, on his car white doorhandles didn't fit in but it will look nice with my color ;)

As you can see on the spoiler, white and the skyblue (couldn't find the official paint name uo until today) fit great together.

Edited by Xpect
  • 4 months later...