People with stripped out rears?!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! I don't think I could live without music :/ especially as its my everyday.

I was thinking maybe put some in the front where the standard speakers are?

What size fits in there?

Also the rear speakers where the rear seats are? Just like build a floor, carpet the wood and have the speakers there...?

When I stripped mine all I had was the front speakers.. They are shit lol!

I had it stripped for about a year until I had to start commuting to work 40 miles a day for work!

Luckily I dont have to do that :/ I could walk the 5 mins to work and 2 mins to college if I want but I drive to college as I can put the car on the RR or mess with it etc :)

Luckily I dont have to do that :/ I could walk the 5 mins to work and 2 mins to college if I want but I drive to college as I can put the car on the RR or mess with it etc :)

Aye lol, I don't have that commute anymore so! I would strip it out again but I've just got to hooked on having decent sound lol.. The noise off it being stripped :o

Yeah I've got Sony ones in the front because the stock are shit :p can't remember what size they are though, and then I put 6:9's in the rear side pannels and a sub in the spare wheel :) I got fed up of the stripped out sound eventually, at one point I didn't have carpets or anything and it was like driving a van :/

Yeah I've got Sony ones in the front because the stock are shit :p can't remember what size they are though, and then I put 6:9's in the rear side pannels and a sub in the spare wheel :) I got fed up of the stripped out sound eventually, at one point I didn't have carpets or anything and it was like driving a van :/

Sounds a bit like a tranny at the moment lol. Thinking about building a little floor all the way through, carpeting it and putting my old skool kenwood speakers where the rear seats are.. Should get good sound off that at they are the dogs!

Edited by Matt1878

Just build a small angled board behind the front seats in the rear foot wells abit like the old classic minis do. problem solved or fit mx5 mk1 seats because they have speakers in the headrests :D also oem dash are 4inch speakes iirc and are shit even when upgraded due to being sooooo small unless you buy 300quid 4inch compition speakers or somthing as crazy

Yeah sod spending loads of readys on some 4inch speakers lol.

I think I'm just going to build the floor and sit the speakers on there just behind the seats as they have real powerful tweeters! They actually sound immense on the parcel shelf alone but they do rattle and bounce their tits off!! Haha

i uprated the fronts which was useless then pluged in the old jdm units that were in the parcel and they just sit in the corners sound great. with an hour drive to work a sub was needed to made a a box for it. plans are ill put 6x9s were the passanger pockets were then make up some custom pods for the door cards aswell.

DSCF3513.jpg

Edited by _shaun_