My GT: Project ended :/

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the one I showed you when we were doing the clutch, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow :)

Don't suppose you need the system? It just needs some welding on the pipe leading up to it nothing major I don't think

cheers for the pic dude, but priorities have changed

right, since owning this car, ive had fuck all but problems :( and tonight the headgasket went! MOTHERFUCKER i hear you all cry :)

hoping to have it done by sunday afternoon to get to jae, if not im motherducked

ill still be attending jae with or without it liam :)

got the head off today, gunna be replacing a few other fucked seals from when whichever cowboy last had his grubby little mitts all over it lol

gunna have to seal the sump, change the cambelt, change the water pump, maybe oil pump, crank seal, rocker cover gasket, head skim, headgasket, thermo housing gasket and that is possibly it :) hoping to have it done and dusted by wednesday afternoon

headgasket.jpg

yeah it was the lad who came to the VC meet with you lol

just ordered a load of parts:

exhaust cam seal

thermostat + gasket

rocker cover gasket

waterpump + gasket

inlet mani gasket

rocker cover washers

beltside crank seal

distributor O ring

injector seals

cambelt kit

oil filter

fuel filter

all ordered from iddy for a good price :) also taking the head to be skimmed now, and have a genuine toyota head gasket.

praying to god the weather stays nice so i can get it done for jae, but theres no rush to get it done before

cheers fella :)

ooooh taking the rest off are we :)

alternator3.jpg

also, the bolt that goes thourgh the bottom bracket of the alternator was non existent causing the belt to slip, resulting in this lovely cakey metally rubbery mess all over the alternator

alternator.jpg

soo i rummaged through the spares and found this :) the mounting point is the same, the pulley is alligned the same, the plug is the same. is there any reason this should not work?

alternator2.jpg

ryan

its not going to be ready for the weekend dude, and if it is, im not chancing driving all that way when ive just put it all together, so gunna be doing some local miles in it, might not actually be able to start it until sunday after jae anyway, waiting on an actuator arm so i can hold some tidy boost in it :)

more work done today :) lol.

got it all in one piece (as an engine, just needs bolt ons now)

got the head on timed up etc. just need a distributor O-ring as the one i recieved was too big, need the thermo housing gasket also. havent taken many pics because i was busy :( but here you go, just needs the zorst and inlet mani on

headon.jpg

headon1.jpg

and new waterpump

headon2.jpg

wont be bringing it to jae though :(