Future build EP85 Turbo Rallycar...

I don't know. Just looking around on toyodiy.com, it share the same differential ring with an AE92 FWD box (same diff as a non-LSD turbo box). Front bearing its the same as an LSD box to a Glanza, back bearing fit's on everything. So the only thing that may stop the project, is the length of the differential. Left drive shaft is the same as a EP82 turbo non LSD. Meaning the differential is the same place as a EP82 turbo

Knowing that, I would say it can be done. Maybe you need a bearings from 2 other cars than a starlet. Or a non car bearing from a shelf at the local bearing store.

If you measures a 4wd differential, with a Turbo - non LSD differential then you know for sure.

Sometimes you need a fresh set of eyes to look at things.

Dont get me wrong lads wasnt having a pop just saying enzo bean myself john ted and more have all been trying to find solutions and if an oem or aftermarket part where the anser we would all be running them :( a trd ae86 diff was once modded to fit we belive but the info is soooo limited we cant replicate what was done so far.

Tbh theres alot of info in the 4paw questions section that would anser most of the questions asked in this thread and bring alot of people up to speed on the ideas that have been toyed with as to the diffs.

OK... That takes some fun out of a 4wd. Then I'm happy i didn't buy a 4wd. No LSD on a track car isn't fun.

I have a friend that is looking for a 4wd over the winter. He and hes friend might find an answer, they are quite crazy, but brilliant at the same time.

I hope he finds one, it will be the first in Scandinavian.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave up looking for ep*5s, none left in japan really and nobody was selling any in the uk. Only a few around the 4k mark. So i was just gonna get a gt instead.

That red 85 is so cheap considering its been converted. Maybe too cheap....

• 2 weeks later...