Project: Bloo's Bucket

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Haha, cheers Louis.

Still need to get some Cusco 'blue' paint for the strut bar ends, can't have more rust in my engine bay than there already is! :rolleyes:

In other news, finally got the passenger side archliner that I was missing for the Glanza bumper, but other than that, not a lot's happened.

And no Bourkey, still no news on 'that' front :thumbsup: I know you're going to ask ;D

• 3 months later...

Update!

Managed to source a Corolla inlet manifold last week, so me and Dad fitted that. Car seems to accelerate a lot more smoothly now, with not as much loss in the higher rev ranges. Also fitted the top brace that came with the 'rolla manifold, as i didn't like the idea of leaving it completely unbraced, and I figured the top brace would help with any strain a lot more.

Would have pics, but Dad lost his phone before I managed to get them on my PC. (He accidentally threw it in the bin at a service station, by the time we realised and came back, the bins had been changed.)

Nothing else much going on. The rusty engine bay depresses me everytime I look at it, and the bolts for the suspension tops are rusted solid, so I cant get my strut brace on. Gonna be soaking them in a full can's worth of WD-40 tomorrow ;)

ohh my god!!, you've actually done something :p

Nice update though, the mani does make a nice difference, subtle, but nice :p

Would have pics, but Dad lost his phone before I managed to get them on my PC. (He accidentally threw it in the bin at a service station, by the time we realised and came back, the bins had been changed.)

^ that made me chuckle :p

• 1 month later...

Small update! No, please, don't all fall off your chairs at once. I'd hate to think of the lawsuit.

Strut brace is now on. Could never find the paint code for the Cusco blue used on the struttop plates, so i just left it as is. The rust blends in well :thumbsup:

And, after doing a round of quotes, the cost of insurance has finally gone down enough to make it viable to insure myself as a main driver! So, helloooo No Claims!

The car still looks like a bag of shit though :)

Haha! You guys crack me up :ph34r:

Probs not gonna get them done in time for JAE as we're (me and the parents), are off down early doors Thursday morning. to be honest, there's so much that needs to be done, I don't know if I can be arsed with it anymore. Laquer is peeling off the roof in two spots (both ends of the driver's side roof rubber), and there's paint bubbling on the bonnet from a shit paint job, as well as a spot of rust. Need to do something with the Rotas too, refurb maybe, as the laquer is going on the lips of the two rear ones.

Ah well, at least the wheels will be less hassle than the other things.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THREAD REVIVAL.

With the GT not being done for JAE, I decided to spend a little time on the N/A to get it looking somewhat better. These are also things I said I'd do about 5 million years ago.

IMAG0022.jpg

Drums hammerited

IMAG0023.jpg

Solida badges off (No strips off however, I like them too much.)

IMAG0024.jpg

And attempting to do something with the lips on the Slipstreams, currently trying to blend everything in with some fine sandpaper. It'll still look a bit patchy, but at least it wont be a mess of white cracked laquer everywhere.

I also got two of the tyres replaced for Toyo T1R's, as the previous were very close to the legal limit.