engine failure

sick of blowing engines at this stage! running a tongs spec gt hybrid at one bar and 1.2bar the odd time on emanage ultimate. it used to keep cracking the ringlands so i got a new engine and this happened, what do ye think is the cause of it throwing a rod out the block like so....

06102012126.jpg

06102012125.jpg

06102012127.jpg

06102012128.jpg

very annoyed at this stage this is the 4th engine in it now since I've owned it in a year and no it dont drive the crap out of it either! it left the gudion pin out the block resting on the starter and bent the valves on the 4th cylinder

Thats fuckin crazy, I ran my stock engine on my tongs at 1.2bar for 5 years on a hks pfc-fcon piggyback (old school) and never had a problem at all till my boost controller decided to have a fit and push it to 1.6 bar and cracked a ring. bt I was absolutely caining the fuckin life out of it..

really pist off lol! i dont use the launch control much atall only that time and it was the 1st time i used it on that engine aswell! engine had 140k km genuine when it went i know the history of the engine was always serviced aswell thats why i bought it and put it in and it blows :(

Shit the bed lol! Thats pretty impressive :p.

If its not forged, don't use a hard cut limiter... Putting the internals under a lot of stress when you're pumping too much fuel for the spark its giving. Standards just can't hack it... If you have the knowledge you can build a forged 4e with quality parts for under £1000... Sucks when you pop an engine though. Been there about 6 times lol!

exactly what happnened to mine dude, i was on launch control when a rod let go, lesson leared really so if ya want to use launch control on the odd occassional go forged mate, standard rods just cant cope with the stress of launch control!

Mike.

Bad look mate had this 3 times my self in the past but never a rod out of bed.

launch control and anti lag are 2 of the fastest ways to screw your engine! especially on a stock engine if they dont do what yours has done the burn the valves out prematurely too. I could run both on my set up with the AEM ecu I am running but I dont see the point and I dont intend to be building new engines every week!

i would love to go forged but i have enough money in this car! i might be selling it to get another car as I've had way too much trouble with engines at this stage. the car is up and running again i only got around to strip that engine yesterday