Painting Garage Floor - Any tips? - Now Painted :-)

After moving house about 2 months ago I have finally got the garage in a state ready for the car.

Before I start parking it in there I want to paint the concrete floor to make it look better and get rid of the dustiness from the concrete.

I have seen this stuff which is the colour I want and has good customer reviews.

http://www.diy.com/n...?skuId=11218558

I have never painted a floor before, I am guessing it a case of pouring the paint into a tray and paint rolling it on?

Any general tips preparing the surface and actually painting it?

Edited by DavidAshton

Some people recommend sealing it first with watered down pva glue have a read on detailing world there is an entire thread about it. P

Wow detailing world has some proper nice garages!

I think this has gone from a quick floor paint to winter project garage! Going to do the walls white and get it looking all sweet!

Thanks Rob

• 2 months later...

Thought I should update this seen as everyone offered advice, I actually got the garage completed today! I blame Rob for it taking so long as he pointed me to detailing world and I saw all the nice garages on there so I made my mind up as to what I wanted to do and project garage begun.

At the time of starting this thread the garage looked like this.

8334281286_6fbbcb122b_c.jpg

8334279766_824b017e00_c.jpg

I then decided on a white walls / blue floor theme and over the past 2 months I painted for an hour or so on an evening after work, a few days a week. The walls took a full 3 coats and I completed the floor edging today and now it looks like this.

8334277788_c8c74e7bbf_c.jpg

8333216107_e25f63cfcd_c.jpg

The Glanza eagerly waiting to get back in!

8333212377_ede31babe7_c.jpg

8334274548_5cf84050d6_c.jpg

This was a really cool project I enjoyed doing and never even thought about when I first bought the house. I have a few shelves coming for my detailing gear so looking forward to getting all that together and the car all clean when the weather picks up.

Thanks again for the help in this thread! :)

Good effort mate! Got an idea for you? As that looks like a quite narrow garage, I have a mate with a similar garage and he cleverly put bump strips down the wall for where the door of his car would touch.

Saves chipping any paintwork :).

Just a thought, good work on the garage!

John