Dans Stancelet - The end is now

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that does look properly hard.

i love this.

i really prefferred the orange indicators but now youve tinted the headlights i think clear ones with innards painted black and i think youd be on to a winner.

My sidelights are in the indicator unit, I like them orange, and my headlights are so awful I might have to take the tint off unfortunately :/

What bulbs are in your dash mate? look real bright and not green lol

They're just standard 501 bulbs in paseo dials mate

This car is to cool man good work :thumbsup:

Cheers mate!

I'd give a left nut for the '80 to be this low

love this EP!

Jack

Haha, good set of coils will get it low no probs! I had to take the helpers out of the teins to get it this low, not surprised no one else has really lowered these this much, it hits everything!

be carefull with the sump mate, its caved in nicely there and the 10mm bolts holding it on are notoriously soft bud so be careful not to take it off and kill your engine

also where its caved in the oil pickup sits and you dont want to cave it so much that it sits against the pickup point blocking it from supplying oil

but fair do's mate its low as fuck! glanza rear bumper and TTE spoiler needed now though :)

this thing is sick!! well done mate, looks great :)

Sam.

Cheers dude! She's far from finished yet!

be carefull with the sump mate, its caved in nicely there and the 10mm bolts holding it on are notoriously soft bud so be careful not to take it off and kill your engine

also where its caved in the oil pickup sits and you dont want to cave it so much that it sits against the pickup point blocking it from supplying oil

but fair do's mate its low as fuck! glanza rear bumper and TTE spoiler needed now though :)

Yeah that's what I've been worried about. Now I've lowered the back the fronts pivoted so now the sump isn't as low, and now I know that scrapes I drive differently, I just hit the arb off the floor all the time aha, I'm just worried about there being a brick or something in the road now!

Cheers mate! I promised myself I'd never roll this low again after the disaster that was my last car, but this is even lower than that was!

And I'm getting a glanza spoiler, dunno about glanza body parts yet, would need to measure up and see how low they sit.

In other news, ordered my import plates last night

After a spirited drive down a dual carriageway it seems my arch still isn't out the way yet

E73FBEC1-63A4-4BAA-900B-E97C6730C668-298

And I've swapped steering wheels with my mate with the corsa, only temporarily!

5E457B14-1F14-4138-BD85-DEC1512CC498-298

Properly like a go kart with this thing!

All for now

only glanza rear bumper dude :D

I've always thought n/a's with just a glanza rear look a bit weird without the skirts

Fitted my new plates today

D3F8E535-9D53-405E-A723-9CCA4E712126-54070F75E35-ECA7-4536-8DE2-30A8B358C846-540

Need to polish the front bumper and the boot where the old plates have marked the paint

ACCC54C1-791F-4123-AFE7-4169D0DF4B84-540

Also made a start refurbing the spare ats

55DE0B78-65B1-46A2-9C16-42DFB0D209BB-540

First time it's had shine in about two years haha, and I noticed there's 4 layers of paint on it!

All for now

Edited by dan106

Had a mini photoshoot with my mates corsa

My new fav pic of the starlet

40D5EDA5-B6A2-453F-ADA7-2BC31A81B878-155

Will upload the rest when I get them

Nice ride dude, advice want a steering boss for my na will boss from a ep82 or a glanza fit?

Cheers mate, boss wise I don't really know, better off asking in the technical section

Couple more iPhone pics from the mini shoot, waiting on the proper camera ones

1912BCD9-1F34-4246-BABC-961603A7BE14-61865F29945-E302-41B9-B5EB-6FD055EC1EFC-618B0857CD7-1855-4620-862F-28B0C85BBE50-6181C31782A-A20E-4C4B-BCA9-33DDCA5551E0-618

Awesome !!

Those arches are getting some abuse lol

What's next for it mate

Yeah really need to sort them out, I can never be bothered to work on it in this cold

What's next,

Gt seats

Fix a lot of problems I've got, and that's a lot of work I need to do!

All for now!

• 2 weeks later...

Updates!

Made the long drive up to stoke on trent on monday to pick these babies up

405D7C44-F3B2-44D9-BF47-625FA89CD1E3-540

7E28B399-59FD-4AF8-989A-9FF8EE1E6307-540

Im yet to fit the rears, thall be a weekend thing if the weathers nice

Also got this tegiwa gearknob off pacman, so much nicer than the breadvan gearknob i had in it before!

82DB871C-2149-44FF-8DDE-DD34F9A2B44B-540

And my most favourite bit of news, Ive fixed my knocky top mounts!!! For free, i was literally extatic when i drove my car aha, but, with every bit of good news comes bad news...

165A8E3F-70C8-4D40-97CE-C47DF97EC6CB-540

Haha I've done that but thankfully not been that bad :p

Take a peek at this thread, you have some competition over in Japan haha

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/64463-tonnes-of-ep-inspirationrandom-builds-in-japan/'>http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/64463-tonnes-of-ep-inspirationrandom-builds-in-japan/

Yeah screwed the wheel bolts up a little but thankfully I had the music turned down to listen to the quiet top mounts aha

No competition! That's on 15s! ;)

I parked next to this in my glanza at mimms yestersay for about 10 mins proper low !!

Ah what glanza was yours? Saw quite a few there

Yeah screwed the wheel bolts up a little but thankfully I had the music turned down to listen to the quiet top mounts aha No competition! That's on 15s! ;)Ah what glanza was yours? Saw quite a few there

White 96spec with black bonnet , black wheels

alright dan, im in the middle of slamming my starlet at the moment. how much is yours dropped (mm) front and rear? ive gone for 90mm front and 80mm rear but its looking mega low even before ive took it off the axle stands :S

Sam.