• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Was the donor car a green mk1 sold to Kev last week dude ??

If that is kev jewell then yes. Only remember marks name not his boys. it came from ferndown area about 8 months ago. Why do you ask.

love this! How low you going with it?

To be honest i dont know just see how it sits!!

Did a little bit more tonight. Had to modify the rear calipers slightly as the handbrake cable bracket hit the strut. This is because the axle is.narrower than the ep82 one. Got the fuel tank ready to modify with a retrofit baffle and in tank pump.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more on Saturday. Took the standard tank and fitted my new injection pump and baffle. Bit tricky to line it up but got there in the end.

20121212_175728.jpg

Thats the unit. It came in kit form and you cut it to size and install the 255l ph walbro pump that is supplied.

20121212_131603.jpg

Standard tank with sender un bolted. I had to cut the monting ring off for that.

20121212_131616.jpg

Next was to mark the tank with the new sender moounting plate

20121212_142205.jpg

20121212_151903.jpg

Drilled the holes around the new sender hole for mounting and then washed it out many times!!

Luckily the 4 1/2 inch hole was big enough I was able to get my arm in to make sure all the swarf was gone.

The unit fitted with hylomar to aid the sealing

20121215_122342.jpg

Also got the tyres put on the wheels so fitted the rear ones on. Also finished rear brake calipers and braided lines

20121215_134145.jpg

20121215_134115.jpg

ah just as well i didn't try and fit it to mine then!!

Have u got an arb on your one or sway bar or nothing?? Think i will make some plates up to move mounting position forward to fit it if u think its needed. It will bring the mountong lower though dont know if that will affect it at all

Well the coilovers on mine are really stiff, so much so its a bit of a bone shaker, but its setup for the track more than the road. So if you sit on the front corner, the car barely moves ha ha. Its this reason i wasnt really bothered about not fitting the ARB, purely because there is virtually no body roll anyway, so my lower arms i am guessing barely move.

It seems to handle ok in the corners, although i do notice that the car has a tendency to just drift forwards when turning if you apply loads of power, but i think this is more to do with the front end wheel spinning and losing traction so it understeers. I am really curious to see what it goes like on the track around corners, could definitely do with some more grip on the front end, so i have got some sticky Yoko A048's to go on the thing.

There is also no sway bar the cars front suspension layout aside from the coilovers is standard, I do have a lower arm bar on mine though to help stiffen the chassis up, have also got a top mount strut brace in the boot.

I am just hoping the thing doesn't kill me on track ha ha, its a bit scary without a roll cage in!

Edited by Taggy

There is also no sway bar the cars front suspension layout aside from the coilovers is standard, I do have a lower arm bar on mine though to help stiffen the chassis up, have also got a top mount strut brace in the boot.

Is that an ep82 one or ep70 specific, is there a difference. I see ultra racing do a lower arm bar for ep70/72 so may ask td get one if they are different

• 1 year later...

U got some nice work done! also the rims looks very cool.

Didn't know taggy had a video for the rear brake unit.

There are lot of options getting those ep82 disc's onto the rear axle to an ep70

I also experienced longer handbrake cable,s as the distance from the ep82 axle is further away.

The fueltank option is very very nice, Looks really clean. I've used an emptycan from plastic as removing the mounting ring was too much work for me.

Frontsway bar from an EP70 Type S will fit. An ep82 won't fit nice or not good enough.

Rear whiteline swaybar on the ep70 from an ep82 will fit.

Check my thread for ideas.

Also the rust spot at the door is normal haha....

Mot done yesterday and first drive in it to the mot. Real shame the weather is not good as it just spun up constantly. The brakes are good though. Get it cleaned up this week as its been in a dusty workshop now for nearly two years . Then I will put some more pics up

Love the wheels dude - tried hard to get some over here but were just too hard to come by. Ended up with some Work Equip 03's instead but still would love some 01's

Just having a reread through this. Didn't mention it is now running Omex 600 not standard ecu.

I made the loom up for it all. ecu inside the car. battery in the boot.

I got a lower arm bar and strut brace from TD for it.

Taxed it today and went for its first proper blast.

Really impressed with it. Bit smokey when letting off the power. I presume turbo seals are past their best. Engine and turbo are both unknown quantities really so to be expected I suppose.

I did bottle it at 120mph though it felt a bit twitchy!!!