Brads Ep91 track/fast road build

Im brad im 18 and im an auto electrician. Always wanted a glanza and with the help of my mate "nest" found a tidy one up in oxford.

Bodywork was mint when i first picked it up and came with loads of history, jap and UK. The wheels were a bit shabby so they were the first thing to go. It was not heavily modified when i first got it just the usual cheap front mount, hks blow off valve, downpipe and rear exhaust system. Its running a greddy boost controller and turbo timer but in my opinion there just gimics. So long story short its not high performance as of yet.

IMG_0934.jpg

this is how she looked after i had changed the wheels, done a deal with my mate "nest" , swapped the enkei's for his SSR's providing i got then shotblasted and power coated for him.

IMG_0914.jpg

Got straight to work in ripping out the nasty rear interior!

IMG_0915.jpg

Heres how it looked straight after, needed a clean. Loving the OEM strut.

IMG_0916.jpg

After i hoovered and polished all the rear

IMG_0926.jpg

Bought a cheapy dished wheel to replace the gash standard one

IMG_0932.jpg

The wheel fitted, along with a neat little gear knob i got of ebay cheap. ripped the gaitor off and polished the lever up too.

IMG_0946.jpg

Yet again another ebay special!

IMG_0917.jpg

Tinted my front fogs, cheap easy mod which i think looks don

IMG_0936.jpg

How she sat before i was kindly donated a set of tein coilovers

IMG_0913.jpg

The engine bay, tidy but it is not practical, oil cooler on top of the engine? and a weird catch can layout,the intercooler pipes are run in a weird way to, need sortin! need big changes here and need to move the battery to the boot, relocate the air filter, and ditch the air con! want a civic rad too!

Progress so far, got more pics to upload soon of my bucket seats and harnesses and some goodies that will be gettin strapped on in the new year ;)

Looks like a tidy example matey! I will keep an eye on this!

Altho some of the mods are done differently to normal... They look like theyve been done well? Not been bodged....

You enjoying it?

yeah man some of the mods are done a bit strangely, i wouldnt personally of done it the way it has been done but its a tidy example so i got a nice base to start off with, hopefully can start chucking more money and effort into it and will have a nice little track slag!

Just need to buy that spare engine off me mate forge it then might be within a chance off keeping up ;) haha

Yeah mate dont think ill even be close to keeping up with you haha!

looks like a good start mate

id be worried about those braided lines that close the positive on the battery though!

potentional for sparks

Yeah ill keep an eye on that mate, insulating cover should be cover me for now!

Here's some photo's of my buckets and harnesses fitted

IMG_00000016.jpg

IMG_00000017.jpg

IMG_00000018.jpg

Whipped the bumper off for a tidy up

Air conditioning needs to go ASAP!!!

IMG_00000011.jpg

Gave the bay area a tidy up and sorted out the oil cooler ready to mount at the front.

IMG_00000013.jpg

IMG_00000014.jpg

I also ditched the multi earthing kit as I think they look untidy plus I plan to move the battery to the boot soon.

IMG_00000015.jpg

Also took a few new shots of the car as she stands now

IMG_00000019.jpg

Nests beast lurking in the background, check out his build! Definition of a track weapon!

IMG_00000020.jpg

Doing the cam belt, crank seal and stripping the air conditioning out next week!

• 2 months later...

Here's a few more little updates, here's a pic of the bay all tidied up now

43099841-8A6B-4173-B1F7-97EF097022B4-702

And I finally got round to cutting out the number plate slot in my bumper!

C80C7591-562D-47B0-B6D6-16DE5D6927B5-702

Got the rear coilovers all set up sweet but need the fronts rebuilt before I can put them on :( here's how the back sits now

4AFC3E62-AD17-4422-835F-EAACEACCA373-702

Here's the beauty's to go on the front!

741730D4-4233-42B9-8E22-98381EEB4EE7-702

I'm going to make full use of the camber adjustment!

9A09AE6F-FFFE-46F2-82A4-531C741A9075-702

Bought myself a cheap manifold too, picked it up dirt cheap as it was cracked I then welded it all up so it's all good to go on!

AA9B2B05-CEC0-4CA0-A115-108BEAB308E7-702

The inside looks a bit messy, need to get a dremmel inside to smooth it out for better gas flow before it goes on

7EE8AF30-EF3F-4321-B033-CF54849DEA57-702

And here's how it stands at this moment in time, got few more updates to come within the next few weeks, nothing major as still skint from Christmas! Apprentice wages arnt genourous!

F82EE588-B16B-4ACD-B028-D3DD1F47FAF4-702