dump valve wanted asap!!!!!

hi guys

i posted this a few weeks ago and brought a dump valve of a member on here unfortunately it has been lost in the post since he sent it so am back looking for a dumpvalve for my glanza i need the bov and also the hoses ect it must fit a hdi intercooler so the pipe bit that comes off the intercooler piping and also have the hose to the inlet if anyone has something let me know cheers

you do know you could just bung it off mate?

as long as its a tight seal so it doesnt leak.

yes mate but i want that bov sound lol

I have a blue baileys dv26 with hoses and clips

how much for it mate? will it fit the hdi intercooler pipping? is it in good working condition?

The pipe you are blocking off would be where your dump valve would go. The other would be a small vac pipe on the inlet mani that would go to the top of your dump valve to operate it. Ill try and find you a pic.

20120811_213542.jpg

Do you have a boost gauge fitted?

Edited by StuDoc 72

Do you see the thin blue pipe running over the top of the engine? If you follow that You will see it goes on to a metal nipple on the inlet mani.

If you have no Dump Valve or Boost gauge then that must be blocked off.

You

can run your boost gauge straight off that or as I've done you can have a t-piece on the pipe and run boost gauge and dump valve from it.

I blocked mine off with duct tape and it worked, that is until high track temps melted the glue haha :lol:

At high boost the HDI does have a high pitched whoosh

I think that source of your high pitched woosh would have been from a boost leak.

Duck tape probably isnt up to the job haha

Lol no I wouldnt think so. A wine cork with some duct tape could prove a good solution if you can find one well sized. You just need to make sure that whatever you use cant get sucked in.

Edited by StuDoc 72

I have a nomad racing (BOV) £60.

Nomad racing are an old skool cosworth tuning company and this dumpavalve is rare as f*ck it consists of billet construction and the piston is also made out of billet alloy unlike alot of cheapy ones which have a plastic piston and are prone to leaking,

No leaks and works perfect,

PM if your interested and il put up a for sale thread so u can buy with confidence!

For the HDI intercooler you need a 32mm to 25mm reducer they cost about £5-£6 from anyone who supplies silcone hoses

Edited by H_D

I think that source of your high pitched woosh would have been from a boost leak.

Duck tape probably isnt up to the job haha

Haha nah I've had leaks before and they whistle ;)

It sounded the same when I used a bung, it was just track temps that made the bay too hot for my temp bodge lol