Beans kp60 3 door running a 5k on bike carbs

there are very few here to begin with bro..definitely not a car you see on the road very often at all. ive seen a few that are in good condition. cars generally don't rust too bad here because its very warm and sunny all year round. but not too many kp60's in our country. cant believe you found some tools in your fender..those could be over 20 years old lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah that was a strange one. i dont think they were there that long or they would have rusted. im glad i got them out though. Apart from my kp i have only ever seen 2 others. simons yellow one and another one that i went to view before i bought this one, but the bodywork had been messed about with that much it didnt look like a kp any more unfortunately.

• 5 months later...

not really much of an update :cray: need to get it resprayed, i got a guy come look at it he gave me a price of 1800-2300 to spray it which i didnt fancy paying.

i did get a nice timing cover made

DSC_1370_zpsf1d1f626.jpg

DSC_1371_zps94c52928.jpg

the removable plate will allow the adjustable timing pulley to be tweaked without having to remove the timing cover, which means the sump needs to be loosened off also. So it will make things alot easier when it eventually goes for tuning. ive been slowly gathering odd bits and pieces that come up now and again. i managed to get a brand new genuine toyota windscreen seal from Japan, it took a few months but it made it eventually.

Edited by Bean
  • 1 month later...

cheers guys, i will be leaving the car pretty stock exterior wise except for the trd replica wing and the arches. The car looks good but the paint is old and needs a respray, and a few little bits of rust sorted. ive stil not got it booked in anywhere.

I think it will go a nice dark grey.

i might get some carbon arches like the trd ones im not sure yet. Not really any updates on this except i got a brand nos front toyota badge for the grille and a nos headlight surround. i just get bits when they come up as theres not much about for them.

I was looking into ignition stuff last night so i will probably go for a MSD 6AL setup with a blaster coil for some nice big sparks, the msd unit allows you to setup a rev limit too with will be handy.

yeah its a 5k head. i heard about those 3kb "big port" heads but there very old now and my head has had lots of porting now and looks really nice. I dont want a full race spec engine or i dont think it will last. it has already made alot more power than stock and should make 130+ with the new cam, head work, valve springs, adjustable pulley, modified dizzy by h&h ect.

There are no 7k's over here we never got them i believe.

• 10 months later...

hahaha,

you can buy one from flo https://www.facebook.com/FLOS.IE?fref=ts he might have them in stock atm. If not i know another guy in Ireland who can make them.

yeah i need to get back on to it. too many projects and cars!

A lot of work will finally be finished next week in my the house and I will have more time after then. I'm hoping to get the car sprayed in the new year and back out of the road for when the weather starts getting better.

• 2 years later...