Hello from old dude :)

Hi all. Good to find this forum after the wasteland that is Toyota owners!

I'm not what you would call street youth being in my 40's, but I love my cars and my Starlet as a second car runabout has been a revelation.Best grand I ever spent no contest!

It had 50k miles on the clock when I got it last year, and has not missed a beat of course. Very clean inside and out, I have subsequently replaced the stock steelies with a set of new Yaris alloys that I picked for a bargain £120 on the 'bay. Only other change I have made is to replace the amber front indicator lenses with clear ones from IDWorkz just to give it a cleaner look.

Sadly my baby was reversed into a couple of weeks ago and suffered some panel damage behind the drivers door and over the rear arch :sad: The good news is she's being repaired and should be out of bodyshop today :).

I look forward to learning more about these crackling little cars on the forum, and will be picking the minds of peeps for my forthcoming suspension replacement!

Cheers all.

Edited by dazstarlet

Welcome Daz...i'm looking forward to seeing some pics mate.. :thumbsup:

Why is it folk like reversing into decent motors....the exact same thing happend to me in a quiet cul-de-sac...massive damage to the same panel...& this was a rare LHD 1.3 mk-1 suzuki swift...ace car that & even more rare today!..

Cheers all. Well she is back out of the shop and all nice and gleaming complete with a coat of paint protection they applied. It was like heaven driving the Starlet after 3 days in a 03 Fiesta TDCI loan car which had a diesel engine that sounded like a tractor + was as rough as a badgers rear end...

I'll take a piccie first thing in the morning before I set out as it's cleaner now than it ever has been, and probably ever will be again.