Toyo T1R's ... Uniroyal Rainsport ... Prada Spec 2's??

Fuck uniroyals, not sure if they were rainsport 2's but once had them on my megane and to cut a long story short, they lost complete grip on a damp road with me going under the speed limit round a 1 degree corner! Not exactly a great advert when they failed to carry out what they are designed for!!

Toyo t1r FTW, grip is awesome I find

Fuck uniroyals, not sure if they were rainsport 2's but once had them on my megane and to cut a long story short, they lost complete grip on a damp road with me going under the speed limit round a 1 degree corner! Not exactly a great advert when they failed to carry out what they are designed for!!

Toyo t1r FTW, grip is awesome I find

i cant get grip below 100 in the wet and darent go near a corner with toyos

i cant get grip below 100 in the wet and darent go near a corner with toyos

lol, but to be fair you have twice as many horses as me!

Uniroyals where shit on my megane, that's good enough for me to never buy them again :)

Edited by mattyD

I prefer the toyos over the pradas, not tried the uniroyals yet, i found the pradas better in the dry than the toyos but not by much, pradas were shit in the wet and the toyos werent too bad, the toyos have lasted way longer than the pradas

Tyre pressures are more important than the compound of the tyre. I ran rainsports on the rear of myy GT at 30psi and they were shit. The rear felt so loose and slide happy it didnt put much confidence in me whilst cornering, I would say you would need to run them at 28psi or lower to get the best grip.

I run Toyo T1R 's on the winter wheels and PS2's on the summers.

Both are more than capable if you drive to the road condition.

Neither let the back loose when pushing it in the dry and you can always put enough power down if you control the throttle properly. I think the PS2's look aesthetically more pleasing, they look quite aggressive with the big cuts and everyone always asks why I have racing tyres on my car.

To be honest all 3 will be fine if you drive them properly, people will always have different experiences I'd say give them all a try at some point see what suits your driving and feel for the car.

Also T1R's were dirt cheap from Camskill, they may still be!