Nuisance Sales Calls

Dose anybody else get sales calls to your home number. I've been havin some one trying to sell windows all day I had enough got into a bit of an argument with the guy got very heated where he called me a C**T and was going to come round and put my windows through. Phoned my provider and they have put a feature on my line to stop withheld calls coming through for a month and told me to sign up to a thing called TPS. Which makes it illegal for any sales calls to be made to my phone hope this stop it don't have time for people like that.

TPS is the telephone preference service, which means you can select the type of call which you want to receive. Your best is going directly to Trading Standards or ofcom with the telephone numbers which are calling you. Raise a formal complaint to each company by writing or email an see what their response is. If you continue to receive unsolicited calls forward the letters to them to deal with.

I would do that but my mobile phone signal is piss poor at my house so need it for people to get hold of me.

Plug answering machine in mate

dont answer til after the machine has kicked in.

Then you can hear who it is

Then if they say Hi Nick then you pick up

otherwise you can ignore it ;)

TPS is the telephone preference service, which means you can select the type of call which you want to receive. Your best is going directly to Trading Standards or ofcom with the telephone numbers which are calling you. Raise a formal complaint to each company by writing or email an see what their response is. If you continue to receive unsolicited calls forward the letters to them to deal with.

Comes up withheld or just call so no number bud :( Been given another one to try silent guardian or something along those lines.

Comes up withheld or just call so no number bud :( Been given another one to try silent guardian or something along those lines.

If a business is calling they must provide you with the telephone number on request , failure to do that is in breach of the fredom of information act. If they don't provide you with it get the businesses name and contact the information commisioners office to report them. Someone there would be happy to help.

Edited by chrisgreen1993

Im a ltd company and my mob number os the registerd company contact number as well as my personal number so i get tons! i get all the ppi / personal injury / we can sue for cats broken leg etc etc through to public liability insurance sales / busines phone contract / van leasing etc etc. I've found the best way to deal with it is this........

1. Get a pen and paper to keep in you wallet or a note pad app for your phone

2. When the sles person calls and has finished their first "hi my name is" sentence, your resonse is "hi soz bud just hold for to seconds I've got another call, ill just get rid of em quick,......soz hold on"

3. Now activate the hold function and wait!! Baahahahaaaaa

4.record the time they hold for and see how long the longest ya can get some one to hold for :D epic fun and never gets dull!!!. If your in a realy quiet place you dont even eed to put em on hold or just mute the call if ya have that function then ya get to listen to em gettin fed up on the line. is classic and i do it all the time ;)

5. Record the result, try and beat your highest score next time :)

Edited by shorty

If its a window salesman jus say oh yes I've been thinking about getting some new windows, let me go count the windows in the west wing and ask them to hold whilst you count them, then just get on with whatever it was you were doing. They'll be there forever thinking they're going to get an epic sale :lol:

I would just tell them i dont have windows i live in a wooden shed,

If its a personal injury call then i tell them i got injured after falling down the stairs drunk and i want to make a claim against myself for compensation,

If its anything else i just make up any old crap that will piss them off.

lol at some of the suggestions, James likes to wind cold callers up, funniest yet was the personnal injury one where he asked if he could claim for getting his willy stuck in the hoover whilst hoovering naked and kept this story going for a good 10 minutes whilst the salesperson on the other end was desperately trying not to laugh