Managed to get onto my old photobucket account and found pics of the old motors! Brings back some memories lol..

My very first pride & joy, Mk2 Golf gti 8v - had full engine rebuild & full respray in Audi TT silver:

gti.jpg

mycar.jpg

Then went on to a E30 325i SE with a Skorpion catback straight-through...could be heard for miles!!lol:

bmw325i.jpg

theoldbus.jpg

Got the Golf 2.9 VR6 next, sitting just over 200hp

vr62_zps4a5c7c1f.jpg

vr6pic_zps92d76160.jpg

Fuelling them was the biggest problem so i changed for the Polo and Golf right about here, no pictures of them though :(

Next was the Cavalier 1.7TD Isuzu model..Loved this car the most i think, pity it was stolen last week :(

This is it when i got it..

cav3.jpg

Then after i fitted the GSi kit and wheels:

thecav.jpg

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i noticed the handbrake light starting to come on when i braked so it was maybe time for a new set of pads and discs all round, 2 new bearings aswell..

IMG-20130328-00571_zpsba25ce3b.jpg

IMG-20130328-00572_zps17b3adba.jpg

my own rear shocks were busted so i replacedthem with set of kyb shocks and gab sport springs. A stiffer set up than the old 1s

IMG-20130330-00575_zpsa87f0e31.jpg

The gt on the day up in Derry after being clay barred, waxed and polished...

thestarlet_zpsa344785a.jpg

Heres a link to the other pictures http://jon44w.com/site3/viewthread.php?tid=2521

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT
  • 1 month later...

Clutch was starting to slip so me an my bro fitted an Exedy racing one..

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/ryan-mck/media/IMG-20130413-00597_zps1055e12e.jpg.html'>IMG-20130413-00597_zps1055e12e.jpg

The old exhaust was blowing a little so we replaced it with a full 3" custom Powerflow system..

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/ryan-mck/media/IMG-20130420-00619_zpsb905d310.jpg.html'>IMG-20130420-00619_zpsb905d310.jpg

We changed the oil and filters again then took it for a test run..

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/ryan-mck/media/IMG-20130430-00637_zps95fcee58.jpg.html'>IMG-20130430-00637_zps95fcee58.jpg

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks bud, cant beat a black quadlight :D

Sorted out the overheating problems.. blocked heater matrix & needed a new radiator!

Fitted a new Walbro 255 fuel pump today, think im gonna have to get used to the whine! Lol

Found myself a SARD rrfpr & Greddy BCC to get fitted next..

sard2_zps079a85b1.jpg

greddy1_zpsb34d8fd0.jpg

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT

Not so nice now, engine melted completely fs! running on 3 cylinders an smoke flying out the breather filter when warm/being driven.

i got it fitted last week but didnt have a gauge, so the mechanic upped the fuel to max until he could put it on a wideband the next day. On my way to his the next day i noticed smoke flying out my breather filter when the engines on/being driven!

is there a chance that setting the fuel too high wouldve melted my engine? its defo piston rings i think fuck sake!

advice?

im not too sure what bore wash is to be honest mate, but i compression tested it at 140,140,140,80.....safe to say its scrap then yeah?

can it even be used to forge? im not sure incase theres bore marks on the cylinders now...

Sounds like bore wash, you would lose compression, it has the same sort of effect as the piston rings going.

thanks aswell chris, that confirms it then. fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not too sure what bore wash is to be honest mate, but i compression tested it at 140,140,140,80.....safe to say its scrap then yeah?

can it even be used to forge? im not sure incase theres bore marks on the cylinders now...

thanks aswell chris, that confirms it then. fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't be scrap mate, you just need to rehone the bores. Would need to replace: headgasket, Head bolts and piston rings though.

It wouldn't be scrap mate, you just need to rehone the bores. Would need to replace: headgasket, Head bolts and piston rings though.

Im not sure if i would even feel comfortable trying to decent put power into that engine again now, it mite even be cheaper to buy another 4efte by the sounds of things! :(