PayPal scam?!

Hello guys, I've been using eBay and PayPal for ages now and they are both linked so my eBay fees automatically are deducted from my PayPal,

Now my issue is a week ago I received and email from eBay saying that my fees were reversed, I had no idea why so I logged into PayPal to see y account had been limited!!? The only way I can get my PayPal working again is to send

proof of driving licence

National insurance number?!

Proof of address

And passport photocopy?!

This all sounds really stupid to me and I'm no way sending this info online!! I tried emailing PayPal but in never had to wait longer then a day and now it's been a few days with no reply?!

I decided to ring PayPal today and it al seemed legit, apart from the guy on the other line said their base is in Dublin and without the info my account would be limited! My account already has fuss which are now stuck in there so I said I won't be sending any info but want access to my money, he said "just send us a photocopy of your passport and you'll have access to withdraw your money but not to use PayPal"?

All sounds abit dodgy to me tbh, has this happend to anyone? Any help would be Massivly appreciated..

Thanks

they did the same to us while there was £1500 in the account, which has caused no end of issues as we had to issue refunds to people who had already had parts sent to them:S and hope they would re send the money.

have they limited your account for 180 days so you can no longer send or recieve payments?

I think its a way of them keeping hold of money for a bit longer to be honest and select people randomly because of their safe terms of use bull!!!!

I believe they wont accept email either they want all my stuff in way of FAX, i dont own a fax machine or no anyone that does and i certainly dont intend on buying one.

^^^^^^ I don't get it how can PayPal just freeze your funds and demand all this info on urself it sounds a bit fishy to me why would they need passport driving license etc its a PayPal account not a mortgage and its your money that's in there I don't quiet get it

adam its to do with thier o called safe usage policy, by aggreeing to paypal terms and conditions you agree that they can set limits and put your account on hold if they

suspect fraudulant activity

you use ebay

you have large sums of money passing through your account even if its a business account

Paypal = joke

think they do it more when they approach the end of the financial year too after all the money looks better in their account than in yours :)

First of all I'd like to thank josh for his valuable contribution to this topic :p

Right I rang PayPal and the guy sounded abit wierd lol so I rang eBay and apparently it's a random thing, they just need a photo of my passport and a photo of bank statement, now the gay bit, James they said it has to be faxed?! I expressed my anger and finally they said ok you can upload a picture of each onto the PayPal website. Still feel abit hesitant to sen info across but all seems legit I suppose..

thats mental and by fax!! they having a giraffe, its not the 80's we use email now!

but that said i have a fax machine at my work so if you really are stuck maybe you could send as pdf to me and i fax it to the number for you?? but i no this will have your details on so totally cool if you dont want to do this lol

thats mental and by fax!! they having a giraffe, its not the 80's we use email now!

but that said i have a fax machine at my work so if you really are stuck maybe you could send as pdf to me and i fax it to the number for you?? but i no this will have your details on so totally cooIl if you dont want to do this lol

You know what I mean?! Lol thanks alot for the help but I managed to shout at the guy enough and he said I can upload piks onto the site. All they need now is a copy of a bank statement and photo of my passport..

i helped you over on facebook so thought id have some fun on here :p

:p fool

You know what I mean?! Lol thanks alot for the help but I managed to shout at the guy enough and he said I can upload piks onto the site. All they need now is a copy of a bank statement and photo of my passport..

funny ho now they only want too things from you now, they are insitant that i need to send mine via fax, no upload no email to which i told them to well you know the rest lol

the same is happening to me now!! because I have sent/received over the EU limit of £1,900 they just want to check that im not some kind of mass fraudster........................... :ph34r:

I have emailed them the documents and they replied saying the resolution of the pictures wasnt good enough and that it should be between 75-100dpi, I checked the properties of the ones I sent and they were both 96 dpi so still within there limits :unknw: . I then faxed the documents, they turned around and said they received 1 out of the 3 I sent :unknw::angry2: so now today I have sent the docs for the third time and hope that this time they will work!!!!!!!!

I have nearly a grand in there that I cant access :(

Pricks!!! lol

I never leave money in my paypal account for this reason now the transfer is instant too into your bank account i withdraw every penny straight away! They make enough money with the fees they charge let alone letting them earn intrest with my money!