n/a guys needed

wondering if any of the n/a guys could help i have the jdm engine from my 4 paw and not quite sure what is different from the uk spec and if they parts are worth much before i rip it all out :p heres a quik pic.

SAM_0141_zps2812c9eb.jpg

cheers shaun

Should get between 30-50 for the intake manifold, at a push the same for the exhaust. I could be tempted by the exhaust one for the GLS if you have a few more pics.

Injectors may also be different, and the ECU but not much money in them

The exhaust manifold is different too. The one pictured above has a lambda sensor fitted to it, a UK spec Starlet doesn't have it there.

I just noticed that looking back haha it does look a bit different to the Gen1 ones though. Or I might just be remembering incorrectly

Does the JDM 100ps engine not run a higher compression ratio? Or is that extra like 12hp gained just by different mani's?

The ECU's help along with the manifolds as far as I know

• 3 weeks later...

From memory doesn't the jdm 4efe rev higher hence where the extra power is made.

Uk's are 6250rpm from memory and jdm's are 6850rpm

Obviously this is linked with the ecu, and iirc the injectors too. Some models of the Glanza s also came with distributorless ignition.

If you post up the injectors and ecu Ill check out the part numbers and let u know. What year is the 4paw. The inlet manifold is a upgrade and although the engine is the same as ours it looks to be in good nick and a worthy replacement stock engine JDM yo. Exhaust manifold would be a novelty item although if u could sell it with enough exhaust to reach past the antiroll bar it would be worth more as a decat type setup. Ecu is prpbably a novelty item to but if you have a knock sensor on the back of your block Id certainly buy it. Injectors- u could name your price if they arnt green.

Edited by rmsnoel

From memory doesn't the jdm 4efe rev higher hence where the extra power is made.

Uk's are 6250rpm from memory and jdm's are 6850rpm

Obviously this is linked with the ecu, and iirc the injectors too. Some models of the Glanza s also came with distributorless ignition.

pretty sure i heard the rev limiter is the same :/

The ep85 had a higher rev limit the ep95 didnt really and the latest coilpack 4efe in all regions had 6800 compared to our 6500. Id be interested in the ecu as its the only one I dont have lol

• 1 month later...