• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers managed to get into the garage for abit today decided todo put on my clear lenses, wasnt liking the grey on the side so decided to spray one to see what it would look like only a small thing but makes all the difference i think.

sprayed one on the right

SAM_0165_zps0ae9cfa2.jpg

and fitted

SAM_0166_zpsb79feb9e.jpg

then thinking towards the mot decided i had to sort out the mileage started like this in kmh

09.jpg

striped in right down and prob spent best part of 3 hours attempting to wind back the mileage to mile's many dumb idea's later i managed to sort it out. didnt get any pictures of the speedo in bits as it was just a nightmare i wanted it overwith lol. started putting it all together again when i spoted it said km/h so since the back plates just a matt black i decided to try mask and spray it.

SAM_0167_zpsa08677fc.jpg

turned out not to bad mental how much a pain in the tits this was for such a simple thing

SAM_0168_zps504aeaa3.jpg

have new ball joints and track rod ends sitting from the glanza so i think ill put them on pre mot to try keep it all fresh but got an interview for a promotion tomorrow so thats taking priority right now

lol you nutter :) i just took a photo for my records of the km reading banged on an mph converter and left it at that lol. that way i have proof of its milage without having all the ball ache. plus you not fitting glanza dials for the rev counter? and on the mot you can have the milage noted as kmh anyway as my levin always clocked in kmh.

still looks good dude, fair play :)

• 2 weeks later...

Woulda buged me everytime I looked at the clocks so since I cant do much happy to spend the time on small free jobs. Sadly my harddrive shit its self on computer so moneys going on that and my daily this month.

However just had a nice call from the garage to say my car is moted. Just waiting for the car to be dropped off home. Need to speak to a mate to borrow his van and go grab an engine crane to get that n/a engine out. Got my promotion at work so gonna work on paying of turbo kit now.

On a side note does anyone have all the diff's ratios discussing a possible upgrade for the future when cars up and running

Sweet cheers won't need it for awhile but guy at work has gave me a few ideas for the future lol. Working a few hours today then gonna see if I can find any other jobs todo on it.

In two minds to swap out the loom for my tucked 98 spec one but kinda straying from the plan of just focus my time and money on the power side for some summer fun

• 1 month later...

i had all my 5e parts but with the amount of time am getting to with the car i think am going to buy a pre built engine. if one pops up in a breaker soon with a good builder/spec ill jump on it if not i have a good quote from zisco to build me one. hoping july ill be running it in but always some unexpected bills that pop up that take a chunk of cash away. need to get stuff ready to spray my bumpers and that as when i get it looking abit smarter should motivate me abit more to work on it. gonna head back out and fit my recaros in it tonight

i was aiming to make jae this year but someone asked for that week of at work and i gave it to them with out even thinking about it lol.

JF2 might be pushing it but ill be attending some meets this year even if its just a rolling road day

Klkl bud nice one. least its hear and u have been busy doin things in between being busy in the first place haha. u need the 5e block work done to it still or has it been board out and that already? cant wait to see it in the flesh. will be good times. its lookin as if its goin to be a monster thow haha. it would make sence if u have the cash to have one built if your mega busy with work and stuff just now that way it wont take even longer to buil lol. :)

nah 5e block hasnt had anything done to it i just striped the engine and put it to one side. sold most my parts had a nice chunk of cash sitting incase an engine poped up but spent almost a grand this month with work on the daily and the misses b day this month lol

i personaly wouldnt buy that ecc 5e any how as they didnt build it and its not the greatest spec tbh. lush kit though dude :) you not plannin on tracking the car with a straight through i guess :p gonna be a weapon mind

Lol oh well then all the more reason to buy one if u've sold parts already haha. aye as u said your self when u've got money there it doesnt last long always something there to pay or something goes on the daily driver lol. Am sure ul get there thow. ;)