Good bodyshop in glasgow

Glad to hear it patches ! 1500 might seem alot of money but i know he is amazing at what he does, was down a few weeks ago and he had some weird car/buggy thing in, he said there was only four in the country

Where abouts you from patches im through in baillieston about ten mins from kennys, look forward to see the work ! How long dis he say it would take ?

£1500 my fucking days!!!! I should hope its good quality at that price. Fair if its a big car but a starlet it half a car.

I had mine resprayed cost me £550 fair enough you get what you pay for but its still a not bad job im just very pernickaty and want it perfect so shopping about but its fine as it is just now.

If he is removing glass and all rubbers ect then £1500 is not bad, thats only if he is as good as you say. £550 is ridiculously cheap but as you said stu you get what you pay for, im hoping to sell the glanza and with the money buy a tatty white gt and get it sprayed for around £1000-£1300 but that is the full works like far better than factory standard ;)

Buy a good condition white gt and save the re-spray money for engine mods :) and it is about trusting the man with a spray gun I'm lucky I have a mate that does spraying and he is one of the best I'm my area his finishes are awsome

Aye if hes stripping it back to the hills then fair doos. Id also be wanting him to sand it right back to almost metal for that price tbh. I would expect nothing other than absolute perfection at the cost along with a warranty.

Paint costs about £50 so thats £1450 labour so well over 20 hours. Which is way more than enough in a body shop to strip sand paint and cook.

Also does he have an oven then?

Aye if hes stripping it back to the hills then fair doos. Id also be wanting him to sand it right back to almost metal for that price tbh. I would expect nothing other than absolute perfection at the cost along with a warranty.

Paint costs about £50 so thats £1450 labour so well over 20 hours. Which is way more than enough in a body shop to strip sand paint and cook.

Also does he have an oven then?

aye a see your point stu, i, at the most, wouldnt wana pay more than 1100 and would like windows removed n door checks done 2, plus taken back as close to metal as poss. its alot of money and what it works out theyd be earning per hour is stupid

As far as the going rate goes it may be a fair price.

BUT painting a car is 1 of the biggest rip off proffessions going for the amount of work actually involved.

I could strip a starlet down for painting in 2 hours probably so you think they spend 15 hours on prep? I highly doubt it.

As far as the going rate goes it may be a fair price.

BUT painting a car is 1 of the biggest rip off proffessions going for the amount of work actually involved.

I could strip a starlet down for painting in 2 hours probably so you think they spend 15 hours on prep? I highly doubt it.

I understand and agree with what your saying mate in most cases but I've been there with my mate when he's prepping a full car and it can take a couple of days to prep right any slight knock / bang / dint and to get a good paint finish or a near perfect finish it is all about the prepping if done right u will get a sweet finish if rushed and not done the finer details then u will end up with a paint job with imperfections

Buy a good condition white gt and save the re-spray money for engine mods :) and it is about trusting the man with a spray gun I'm lucky I have a mate that does spraying and he is one of the best I'm my area his finishes are awsome

Its very hard to find a perfect example unless you sell me yours :p yeh i know what yous are saying the hourly rate if you worked it out would be mental lol but its the way it seems to be :(

Makes me chuckle its just another

Job where the company souly reep the rewards as they charge high amounts for the work but a sprayers wage ain't axing and doesn't really reflect the money there company charges for the work

The price they charge does not reflect the work they do either.

Painting requires a substantially less amount of training/qualifications than becoming a mechanic its also not technically difficult. In the case of spraying practice is the only way to become good there is very little theory other than learning which paints and primer to use on surfaces. Yet they still charge significantly more than a mechanic or even a painter of any other sorts tbf.

I garuntee if some 1 with a tatty glanza got a quote and had the work done and was charged £1500 for his and then I took mine in for the same and went back they wouldn't turn round and go mate your car was really clean and straight so its gna cost £1200 after all not £1500 as we didnt needa spend 5 hours beating and filling yours.

They charge you as a whole not in hours which is why its a rip off. Why should i pay the same that someone with a shed of a car pays?

He said he would need the car for about 2 weeks for a full respray, that included removing certain windows to get the best finish. This was the quote he did me, my front bumpers a bit bent on one side and have a few dents here and there so he was going to be sorting all that as well as sorting out the arches.

I had a good hour long chat with him about it all, he seems really into what he does and was making it very clear he knows he's working on someones pride and joy so would take extra care to get it right.

Got quoted the same at pro bodyshop

Glad to hear it patches ! 1500 might seem alot of money but i know he is amazing at what he does, was down a few weeks ago and he had some weird car/buggy thing in, he said there was only four in the country Where abouts you from patches im through in baillieston about ten mins from kennys, look forward to see the work ! How long dis he say it would take ?

im staying up the city centre, he said i should have it back over the weekend or monday if i drop it off the wednesday night