Glanza Track Car Update!!! New turbo!!!

Ill update it once its done in the next few days, I was saying to rob h the other day that ill try and sort a starlet dyno day out in the next few months at GR Performance if your up for it socks? And anyone eles on here is welcome the more the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mapping done it made 309bhp at one point but due to the high temp's 35 degrees its was not having it lol so it made 285hp nicely but the small downpipe is restricting it plus the engine is still on a stock head so when winter time comes around it will be having a full 3 inch system made and some head work done but im happy with it for the time being.

Picture of the engine bay needs a few bits tidying up but its looking good

1z6qons.jpg

And a few pictures of the custom gr catch tank

sb4pdl.jpg

wjfmdg.jpg

also got the launch control working will upload a video of that when I get chance.

Edited by webby

Woow great result dude specially with this weve been having what boost was that result at ??

what boost did it make 309 at? that on a td05-14b is a pretty decent figure!

Was at 1.6 bar next is a 3 inch downpipe as the one on it is to small and full 3 inch exhaust

Was at 1.6 bar next is a 3 inch downpipe as the one on it is to small and full 3 inch exhaust

Cracking figure then, people struggle to make that on 16g's lol. Yea the rear housing outlet is only about 2" on them, so most people usually build a downpipe to that. when you get one tapering to 3" itll be miles better.

Cracking figure then, people struggle to make that on 16g's lol. Yea the rear housing outlet is only about 2" on them, so most people usually build a downpipe to that. when you get one tapering to 3" itll be miles better.

The Greddy TD05 14G and the 16G are rated for the same power I dont know why but they are lol

Looking good anyway mate ya need to take me out in it now!!!

As rob h says there both the same the 16g and 14b nothing much between them, the 3 inch exhaust system will be going on in the winter when car comes back off road.

www.s314kba.co.uk/leaderboard

get your results added to the leaderboard! :)

Yes I will do matt when I get chance lol.

The Greddy TD05 14G and the 16G are rated for the same power I dont know why but they are lol

Looking good anyway mate ya need to take me out in it now!!!

Yea rob defo will take you out

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update we got the launch control working and all wired up it sounds excellent here is a small video of it working

http://tinypic.com/r/j16mom/5

Planning on going to York raceway on the bank holiday weekend at the end of the month see what times I can set, also getting some new rubber in the next week or two.

Edited by webby
  • 3 months later...

Got rid of the greddy td05 turbo as it was a little laggy for track use so finally made my mind up and decided on this.........

Tuning developments td04 hybrid billet with 1.8 bar cartridge :D

td_td04_billet.jpg

had a full 3inch system built by gr performance.... great quality!!

DOWNPIPE.jpg

image.jpg

**had car on dyno made 295 at 1.4 bar and that was turbo alone without boost controller set up or before 3 inch system was made!

will be back on dyno soon at 1.8 bar :) see what that pulls

great turbos would recommend to anyone - thanks to tuning developments for supply the turbo!!

IMG_0406.jpg