Caribbean 5E... OKI ONE LAST REBUILD i hope

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i said before, you need a flywheel from a 3e, its a dealer only part dont think there are any aftermarket ones....you can buy one from idrees at id workz and he will post it out to you

http://www.id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_1118_8_101&products_id=311

:hi:

sigh international shipping costs more money than the part.... sheds tear

if i cant find a stock 5e im going to have to drill me some holes at the machine shop.... dont really want to do that but if i have no choice... and may be save up some funds and eventually send for it...really didnt expect it to be such an angry amount of money to ship

oki so i have come across a 5E flywheel befor i purchase it though i looked on id works at is 5E flywheel thats compatible with the 4E clutch and based on the discription he says his is better because the 4E is a different size..... does that mean the 5E wont bolt Dirrectly and work perfectly?

Edited by rasslenny

From what i can work out

4efte runs 212mm clutch

5e runs 200mm at a guess and has a different bolt pattern on the crank

3e that id works sell has 212mm clutch and 5e bolt pattern so you can use 4efte clutch kits

So you could run a 5e flywheel with a 200mm uprated clutch from a 89< 4age corolla or mr2 or similar

muhahahahaahahhaaha this is where things just get perfect look what i just founds and also what was sitting on my bed for me via the mail man muhahahaha car is going to be driving this weekend muahahahah...... "i wana hear that chu chu turbo goodness marty"

act clutch with 3E flywheel already attatched.... yummy and me new head gasket and head bolts

IMG_20130709_124020_zps25226158.jpg

side not we were making sure the cams really had more lift and thats when all the gadgets came out lol

IMAG0059_zps19a440af.jpg

Edited by rasslenny

next piece of the puzzle so i have the stock injectors on there and wanted to with the mods (tdo4 full stand alone forged 5efhe front mount intercooler and potentially 260+bhp that im aiming fo)r what injectors should i be looking for to support my build as i know im gona max out the stock ones??

and what cars do they come off of??

Edited by rasslenny

You have to remember that most injectors are tested at 3 bar of fuel pressure as well so you do have some scope to play with if you have an adjustable fpr. Although I wouldn't recommend going over 4 bar as it becomes hard to control the injectors.

Thats roughly stock fuel pressure anyway.

What I ment is that the stock OEM injectors for example will flow 295cc @ 3 bar, so since your only running like 2.2/2.3 bar the injectors are only say flowing 250cc for example, not sure on the exact amount without working it out.

block just came back from the machine shop and i delivered it back to the mechanics place...
should not be to long now all the pieces of the puzzle have been assembled and its now to just get the dam thing put back together and in the car...

had to make sure the machine shop didnt cock it right up ... snug... like a glove

IMAG0075_zps4cce02ec.jpg

Edited by rasslenny

opened up the clutch yesterday to get everything in order to put onto the engine and found the clutch plate had seen better days and was very low...seeing as tuning was going to take place soon we knew it would be dead by the time we were done.... so took a quick drive to tuner imports on lunch break and picked me up one of these bad boys....

act_zps2a537f33.jpg

we are coming to the end its almost there just the little things keeping it from going chu chu

Edited by rasslenny

just for my sake of mind can you guys let me know how much all this stuff would come up to in the uk ... i have a feeling they guy im about to buy all the stuff off of is ripping me off badly

its not like i have a choice as he is the only one i can find with it all but say what i just wana know how badly im getting ripped off

main bearings

trust washers

oil pump seal

rod bearing

all for a 5E engine.... was told they are all the same for the 4E engines can some one confirm that as well as i am unsure if that is a crock a bullshit?

Edited by rasslenny