Caribbean 5E... OKI ONE LAST REBUILD i hope

Yea they are all the same mate, and would be around 200ish quid in the uk brand dependant. And as long as you mean oil pump seal not an oil pump as a new pump in the uk is around 120 quid where as the seal is aroun 8 quid.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bearing shells are different to a 4E mate as they are different journal diameters. Make sure you get 5E bearings!

The bearings over here can be picked up for around £110, the oil pump seal am not sure on but can't see it being too much.

got the bearings and stuff and the entire bottom end has been assembled now to get the cams in the head put the head on and then slot the engine in... then booooooostttt....EMERALD TUNED FULLY FORGED 5EFTE BALL BEARING TD04 IS ALMOST DONE WOOOOOOOOOOOO

the joys of finishing working on your car when the sun has already come up is the mail man brings you goodies that makes loosing all that sleep ok

courtesy of the mailman :hi:

IMAG0111_zps5be82016.jpg

and we decided we would give the block a lick of paint and dont mind the moron in the back or the shower cap on the head ... the tapet cover is powder coating and its just to make sure that nothing gets inside the engine

IMAG0113_zps68b41f97.jpg

Edited by rasslenny

packed it in at about 5:05 am as i could keep me eyes open .... no one ever told me getting the right sized shims to make the correct clearence was such a pain in the arse.... holly shitee... any who with that dont i am guestimating a saturday morning first start up if all ecu wiring is as straigh forward as we hope aka no suprises

Man its so easy to make Honnestly

All you need is

Key

Screwdriver

Heat aka stove or torch

A pliers

Step one find nice screw driver this is the hard part

Step two heat up tip

Three when it hott enough you will know when use pliers to pull the metal bit out

Step four cut the key so that it isn't as bulky at the handle

Step 5 heat key up

step 6 stick hot key into sscrewdriver handle

DONE

Edited by rasslenny
  • 2 weeks later...

went down to the shop today and got a pleasant surprise :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

the moment of truth is here i can officially say i own a fully forged 5efte td04 mk1 ep82 with full stand alone EMERALD ecu...... o how ive waited to say that .... one last thing to fix and im in the money.... the power steering/ac belt is longer on the 5e so im looking for one of those

battery still needs to be fitted to the trunk and the roll cage needs to be installed but it was definitely good to take the car for a spin round the block for the first time in .... 8 months

and please excuse the garbage pic i couldn't get the phone to focus... will give it a thorough cleaning and get some proper pics when i get it back at home

IMAG0144_zpscac95001.jpg

Edited by rasslenny

HELP NEEDED

so we kept the car out or boost for 2 days as we had to let the rings get a little accustom to being used... i know they wont be seated properly for another couple weeks of leisurely driving ... but being us you can not drive a fully built 5e tdo4 slowly ... so we decided to press just to see how it was pulling.... and duntanana..... NOTHING.... i am at the moment driving a 100% naturally aspirated forged 5e

weve checked for leaks we've replaced the waste gate.... weve checked all hoses..... NATHINGGGGG..... i wana cry.... we think the turbo is shot there is a weird rattle noise from the exhaust/maybe turbo and the blower seems to be spinning kinda wonky i think i need a new turbo..... wondering if when the car blew up it threw pieces of the piston into the turbo and it went kaboom on me

it was definitely working before the car parked up an now ZERO BOOST.... luckily the mechanic my partner said if it is that he'll buy the turbo because he knows it was working when it went into his shop

oki ive located a forester turbo as well as a bug-eye sti turbo.... obviously the sti turbo is the better of the two but it is slightly bigger .... which would be more sensible with my application?

all i want out the car is 250ish bhp with out stoopid amounts of lag

all other mods are as follows

walbro fuel pump

aeromotive fuel pressure reg

full custom exhaust

fully forged and ported 5EFTE

front mount intercooler

would the extra displacement make up in lag response if i use the sti turbo??

Edited by rasslenny

so ive gone ahead and got me a vf39 sti turbo (FFF-RRRREEEEEE).... :yahoo:
so took the turbo money and bought a tial 38 mm waste gate with v clamps instead of the bolt on kit... it was all they had at the time....
how hard is using the v clams??? ive never used this type before ive always got the plated ones

will get pics up later as its all going on the car tonight ..... im bouncing off the walls im so excited ......time for BOOOOST

Never a good day with this car so we were setting up the turbo to put on the car spun it and was putting the front back on... it was a little hard to do so and in his laziness the mechanic decided to use the press to get the turbo back onto the casing and broke a brand new turbo .... I'm livid ... I mean he gave it to me free but still now I've got to source a dam turbo ....

its officially finished fully forged and bored out 1.5 5efthe starlet witha tomei dual ball bearing td04 and custom made exhaust manifold externally waste gated with a 38 mm tial... powered and manged by a full stand alone emerald ecu with launch control..... took it for a drive last night and all i can say is WTF HOLLY SHIT.... 277HP TO THE WHEELS after we fit the lsd running 18lbs of boost.... i got all my whiteline EVERYbars on as well so its sitting as flat as it will ever sit round the bends
I am still in complete shock right now as to how its moving and more so how that wastegate sounds when it opens....

it was absolutely one hundred percent worth the 10 month wait and the billion dollars it cost me to ship the necessary parts from the uk to the caribbean.....

any body even second guessing the 5e block dont its worth it... forging it is costly but i dont think u understand the crazyness that im enjoying right now

will get videos up soon

Edited by rasslenny

and the bs continues drove the shit out of it last night as some one stoll my phone off the dash at the gas station when i went inside to pay .... was so mad that i drove home doing about 210kms down the high way.... reached home and knock knock knock knock knock.... bearings are starting to go and the 4th one is royally scourged

gon have to take the crank out an polish it again anf get knew bearing 10 thou bigger .... im so upset right now id volley a baby in the face

• 1 month later...

to be honest im not quite sure they are not the stock ones i know that... they came out of a rally starlet with a 5e in it... so it could be the 5e, 5efhe, or some special cams who knows they guys who helped me source the engine said just make sure and use the cams in the head they gave me as they were better than the stock 4e ones