Caribbean 5E... OKI ONE LAST REBUILD i hope

so as i told you guys before i was heading down the td04 rout and im almost done

so first thing we did is we made our own manifold which at the moment is a little ugly by comparison to the rest of the engine bay but say what when we heat wrap it tomorrow everywhere will look all sexy.

the turbo was put on and the stock ecu left in there and car despite showing gains drove pretty shitty and after 3 days i broke the return line on the turbo going into the sump pan and that straight up pissed me off...

so back to the shop we went and got that sorted and a day later my wonderful engine decided that too much boost was not fun and literally blew the shit out of my head gasket so a quick overseas highly expensive call to the boys at tuning developments and mike had an athena gasket shipped to the Caribbean for me in 2 days

since then though ive had the car down in the shop as the mechanic has been procrastinating hard ... for 2 months sigh.. but hey when the mechanic is your friend and hes doing it for FREE 2 months is FREE months

so any who update as of now i bought a gredy oil filter re locator lots of extreemly expensive fittings for the hoses ( i hate Trinidad customs officers) an oil catch can and oil cooler both cuzco.. had me tapet cover and intake manifold sand blasted and powder coated chrome ... was not to fond of the idea but when i saw them on i came around very quickly.. also had the bearings changed as they were right bout ready to say fuk me...
ummm think thats it for now
ecu going in tomorrow and tunning will start tomorrow night/early morning when the roads are clear

everything got fitted today we worked hard and long and did a bit of engine bay tidying up as well ...

i know all u guys care bout is the pics so here u go

catch can... only has a single inlet so we had some fun with the fittings

IMAG0241_zps7332bdcb.jpg

water bottle and over flow were moved and themostat for oil cooler is going there

IMAG0243_zpsb04a0b07.jpg

oil cooler is going to be mounted on top the engine where the intercooler usually goes... couldn't fit it in the bumper and im not getting rid of my ac this country is way way way to fuking hot for that

IMAG0242_zps3003e04c.jpg

tapet cover and intake as they came back from the shop ...tell me what u guys think bout this i was a little skeptical bout this at first

IMAG0246_zpsa0d01437.jpg

ugly little manifold soon to be wrapped up with td04

IMAG0239_zpsb0d0cb66.jpg
IMAG0240_zps7c5afaf8.jpg

mock up of just where the oil cooler is going

IMAG0188_zps0c0f66c0.jpg

and as she looks now while im writing up this post... catch can found a neat little spot in the back right tucked up next to the aeromotive FPR and the long hose your seeing is going to run to the oil cooler i just havent cut it yet as im unsure how long it needs to be

IMG-20130223-WA0005_zps4a8dc695.jpg

Edited by rasslenny
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i need to move the water over flow bottle from where it is ... i just realised having it in fron the radiator just aint making much sense. any sugestions the usual spot next to the batery is a no go... the speed bumps in this country are insainly high so i cant run my inter cooler piping the way you guys do as it WILL touch on the intake side. hence its run theough the hole next to the batery and into the bumper. by doing so the batery space is long gone. come on guys ideas ideas lol

oki peoples so i got everythign bolted up today and finished minus the ecu stuff gave the car a tumble for the first time since its been rebuilt and all the water from the rad is getting into the engine ... all four cylinders... its a brand new athena head gasket 1.4 mm and the head was machined... only thing im thinking is that the dowells are to long from the head getting shaved to much... whats odd is it never had this problem before with the stock shitty ass head gasket that the car comes stock with.... any ideas on what else could be the prob.... hit me sugestions as im straigh up pissed off as i was expecting to be tuning tom night

inevitably the head is coming off in the morning....

and well i guess i can upload the work we did today

built a bracket for the top mounted oil cooler and got the lines mocked up and found a spot for the oil filter

IMG-20130224-WA0001_zpsebfec241.jpg

IMAG0256_zpse53e4368.jpg

IMAG0257_zpsda1902e9.jpg

IMAG0255_zps73b26299.jpg

Edited by rasslenny
  • 2 months later...

havent been on here for a while .... so i decided ill let you guys know whats happening... so i started tuning with the aem fic 6 cuz i had one from who knows when back and unfortunately that waste of time of a kit would not hold the idle where it needed to be... hrs upon hrs later and i find that i am in the exact same position that i was in when i started and did some research to find that everyone who tried to use this ecu ran into the exact same problem... if any of you have any light to shine on this befor i toss the shit in a river please let me know.....

any how i was going to get an emange ultimate but that sale fell through the roof so.. stand alone it is im fed up lol... im either going with a haltech or an emerald stand alone ... the emerald im more pushing for because i can have different tunes at the same time and use one for launch control and run 16 pounds and then switch it to the tame tune for when im flying round the track... all in all a better kit

however before any of that is dont i have to pretty much rebuild my lower half... im almost a hundred percent sure ive either distroyed a ring /cracked a piston or i messed up a rod in the third cylinder... so im going to forge the shit out of it and just finish making it a race car... might as well....

sigh i knew it was too good to be true ... the car was running like a monster when i heard snap crakkle pop booom kahpooww bang bang bang and i knew immediately something went wrong.....oh how wonderful 18psi felt lol.... now there is smoke pouring out the oil catch can... o wells will bring you guys an update when next i can

Edited by rasslenny

Is it not better to have the oil cooler mounted lower to the car? I was told having it too high up can cause oil pressure issues on start up as the oil has to travel up to the cooler where as its not affected by gravity when the oil cooler sits lower down.

i have a thermostat installed as well thats the black box on the left where the water bottle use to be. On start up that will be closed allowing oil to flow as usual through the original route. only time that opens is when the temp hits 80

these are not mine i just finished these about 3 hrs ago for the 350hp bora and i love them so much im going to do mine as well... exact rim in 15 and 4x100

powder coat to the maximum extent ..... i need my car on the road just so i can see them spin lol

Edited by rasslenny

in advance im saying sorry bout the pictures all i had on me was my phone... the pictures aren't that bad i dont think

so we did what we do best on a wonderfull friday after work..... that is get right back to work but on my ep.... as i told you guys we have to get the engine checked to see exactly how much damage there was to the pistons and rings... so the engine was yanked first and now sits nicely comfortably balancing on the engine hoist..... ohh the joys of having a a car lift you dont have to lift heavy engines

IMAG0352_zpsf0782ab4.jpg

the car went u on the lift and we wrapped the exhaut middle to the cat back

IMAG0351_zps4eecb9f0.jpg

ohh pretty little engine why have you forsaken me

IMAG0350_zps70c48240.jpg

there was lots of us working on the car so every one had a job so as the car came off the lift we fitted my recaro and harness finally the fabrication on the rails was a bitch and getting it to actually sit level and straight took a LONG TIME ... here is what it looks like after blood sweat and tears and almost catching my carpet on fire

IMAG0356_zps18cec94a.jpg

while all the guys were working on the hard stuff i went in for a beer and decided ill have some fun this is what i came up with

this is my new key and the spare.... before and after kinda thing lol i think its an improvement if i say so my self

IMAG0223_zps1f0c569c.jpg

while at that the guys had fune doing over the trunk of the car... the carpet still needs to be tucked under the panels to make it flush everythign looks nice in its new carpet lol covered the speaker box as well

IMAG0213_zps119b07fd.jpg

last but definitely not least i got to putting on the mk1 back lights that i had bought a few months back ... and finally got my gt green light working ... so happy bout this

IMAG0278_zpsb6a55a5c.jpg

next things on the list to do is:

change the left cradle arm i think its a bit bent

actually take apart the engine and get the forged bits in there

heat wrap the rest of the exhaust pipe and manifold

wire in the management ... i bought a emerald stand alone ecu

tune it

get the rims on they are at the powder coat guys as we speak

then when its alll sorted guts it paint the roll cage as its still in fabrication mode

get the body prepped for paint....

and put my live sports spoiler on

then i will not only have the a fast car but it will be pretty once again

Edited by rasslenny
  • 3 weeks later...

not a big update but one that has me excited just put on order my full forged intenals ... wiseco 20 thou over pistons and scat rods... im actually a little bit excited its like christmas minus the fact that i had to pay for them....

speaking about paying for them look at the difference in price to what you guys pay.... we work dollar for dollar the same amount so imagine how long it take me to save up for this shit.... and when converted its still ridiculous in comparison 9 tt to 1 pound

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/rasslenny/media/IMAG0005_zps9bcd6ff9.jpg.html'>IMAG0005_zps9bcd6ff9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

its been a while since ive posted as the parts just took for ever to reach to trinidad but they cleared customs yesterday and im gona pick them up at the post office tomorrow... so project forged td04 continues this weekend

it does however with a little twist i managed get holf a 5EFE head and block while waiting for the parts at the bargainest of bargain prices so i guess ill be frankensteining this bad boy and using the bottom half of the 5e.... I've already sauced the head gasket and the ARP head bolts i do however have a question so all you 5e guys out there help help help

as for gains i was told the 5e intake is the better intake to be using can any one fill me in on what they think would be the smarter of the 2 moves original powder coated yummyness or the 5e (pending gains)