Caribbean 5E... OKI ONE LAST REBUILD i hope

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it keeps getting better and better.... so i ordered a my entire body kit for the car and decided it was about time i ordered the spoiler when a friend of mine says to me why would you do sucha thing... my response being ummm cuz i want it...so he looks at me and say no really why would you order it when twine can make it for you

to this i looked at him and had no clue what he was talkin about... he says to me have you no seen twines supra lately so i had to respond no... so we go on facebook and i see the sexiest looking supra i think I've laid eyes on so we had to go see it in the flesh.... any who reason he says this to me is cuz twine does ALL HIS CARBON BODY WORK FOR HIM SELF so immediately i know what has to be done... i ask mr twine to make me some stuff and hear the best part he doesnt want a labour charge hes says pay for the materials and ill do it for ya.... its a hobby i just love doing it.....

well my face lit the fuck up and we went the next day to get everything he needed... its only been a week and he keeps sending me little pictures to tease me....im toooooo excited.... lets say he is making me to my knowledge the only livesports style carbon fiber spoiler that has the original spoiler brakes light incorporated into it some how..... i cant wait i cant wait.... ahhhhhhhhh

these are the pics of the livesports foam version hes making the wing from.... he used the basic wing as a start point and constructed the shape out of foam... the top is finished and now hes foaming and going to shape the other half from that he makes a negative mold lays it with carbon fiber and vacuum seals with resin

top finished

image_1_zps1e38a1f1.jpeg

bottom started

image_zps516c55f3.jpeg

and just so you guys can see the lads finished work so you know im not crazy to be doing this from scratch.... he made ever panel of carbon fier on the supra from scratch

extended fenders because its a drift car with insane lock

10345820_330487410436892_557101676430040

rear difuser

10013642_330488307103469_430825370841167

front bumper

10245550_10202596443005781_1070549039128

and holly molly full interior

10268612_312164648935835_821899205983752

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBTS IN MY DECISION TO HAVE IT MADE NONE

more pics more pics.... its almost taking shape now to filler it, sand it, paint it, mold it, line it with mesh, carbon fill mold, bag it, seal it, and then resin it...... lol ok may not nearcompletion but hey it looks like a spoiler lol

image_zpsf539a61f.jpeg

image_1_zps01bc45f8.jpeg

Edited by rasslenny

and will an mr2

nice progress

please keep taking pics of the whole progress i want to do my own wings 1 day

thank you 5e colin

sure bud .... these are the last pics he sent me after completing the wing ....its going to be painted next to ensure perfect surface... then molded and a carbon wing made from it....

didnt even realize but in essence that means i will be getting 2 wings 8) whos cool now lol these will be the last pictures untill its complete he said though... he wants it to be kind of a surprise

image_zps83c625c0.jpeg

image_1_zps395fe563.jpeg

image_2_zps072e0c94.jpeg

Edited by rasslenny

hes going to take the wing as is painted and make a negative mold of it in a material kind of like play dough ... aka cover the wing let it harden separate it open and have the shape of the wing from the top and bottom.... from that hes going to do the following procces bellow

an no it is not play dough but that was for u to kinda visualize what has to be done... im not sure what material the mold is actually made from

there is the process bud of how u fill the mold with the vacuum sealer
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VodfQcrXpxc

Edited by rasslenny

and lastly how do you think one of these would look on the car instead of that ridiculous antenna the car comes with

the car is having major body work done and we changing little details

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-CARBON-FIBER-SHORT-STUBBY-BILLET-3-INCH-ANTENNA-/260397662999?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item3ca0e90317&vxp=mtr

im think bout that as well as a flat back wiper like those that come on the back of the mk2 golf zero fabrication needed and it looks way better with out compromising having a back wiper

and we have a chopped up golf lying around in the shop... i think im jut going to take the arial off it as well and make it work on my car ... just using the cool carbon stubby antenna from ebay.... even though people steal them like crazy over here..... AMPLE TREAD SEAL IN ITS ASS and pray for the best

vw-golf-mk3-cup-rear-splitter-bumper-lip

Edited by rasslenny

When its put on the car it's going to be angled up a little and I think it's goin to be a little more aggressive than the real livesports... A little less than a toms ... A mild in between may be

• 2 weeks later...