Restore headlights!!

Right before i start, i know this isnt a civic forum but with regards to the lights its the same principle as a starlet lol

Hello people, I went out yesterday to do the USDM conversion and thought whilst I was there I'd split the lights and paint the insides black.

Anyway all was well painted the insides black and put back together, then we noticed there was peeling on the passenger headlight so thought I'd do the headlight restoration, started that and went through each step properly (I've done it Afew time before) then when I came to dry the headlight there was like patches on the headlight like yhere some kind if film over them (cant feel anything with fingers though, all seems smooth)

Piks-

Drivers side (fine)

244093E9-C7CD-4F59-BA16-972DEE56E35C-263

Passenger (you can see the weird filmy thing)

D2FAD3FF-6E95-4BEA-9920-912B5B339220-263

F0BEAE8C-A4E9-4E71-8ED8-4B43B047B702-263

A93F69BE-803C-4F0D-A89C-5B1310D3E171-263

Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks in advance :)

here have a look at this

Thanks for that mate but I've been through that procedure Afew times now.

they are actually not that bad so autosol metal polish will do... yes it works, bit of elbow grease and your sorted.. i use it all the time :thumbsup:

Say what?! Lol I've used McGuire plastX on them and T cut and nothing much happened?

Say what?! Lol I've used McGuire plastX on them and T cut and nothing much happened?

If youve done that proceedure a few times... and still arent satisfied...

Buy New Ones...

autosol metal polish is a rough paste but not rough enough to scratch the lens, it will remove all that scum...it does work, believe me..

autosol metal polish is a rough paste but not rough enough to scratch the lens, it will remove all that scum...it does work, believe me..

I trust you! I'm going to give it a shot ;) does it not make the headlights yellow after a while?

I trust you! I'm going to give it a shot ;) does it not make the headlights yellow after a while?

nope.... all this does is remove the scum... elbow grease is the key tho... the polish itself should be easy to find, its 8euro over here so a little over 5 pounds over there i presume.. handy for the fireplace too, lol...

Edited by corofin12345

nope.... all this does is remove the scum... elbow grease is the key tho... the polish itself should be easy to find, its 8euro over here so a little over 5 pounds over there i presume.. handy for the fireplace too, lol...

Yhyh I've got some somewhere in the garage lol but ill just buy a new one :p lol right ill give that a go! And you say it won't scratch lense?

nope, not at all..... as you rub it in you'll feel the scum lifting off.. (it goes from rough to a smooth feeling).. apply as much as it takes until your happy, polish off with a clean rag then.. do half first to see the difference :thumbsup:

Wicked Man! Sounds promising! Will give it a go later! Fingers crossed!!

hopefully now but cant see why it wouldnt cause ive done vw passat lights, punto, ford ka, starlets etc etc with all good results... :)

Had 5 mins so thought I'd pop out and give it a try! Has started to clean up! Thanks a lot man!!! Love you!!!! Hopefully it fully cleans it! :)

It's £5.99 in halfords atm, I've got some at home and my headlights are hurrendous! Im gona try this at the weekend, will let you know how i get on :)

Definatly made a difference to mine man! Just didn't have enough time to finish then off but it's made a difference! Tomorrow ill go mad and finish it off :D thanks allot coroffin <3

Well over the weekend I had a go with toothpaste and autosol. I am SO I pressed by the results! My headlights have never looked so good! Still need some elbow grease but they are miles better :)

Tbh I was a bit worried about wet and dry as don't trust myself not to destroy the headlights :)