Missfire when on boost.

Yet another problem lol.

Started to missfire when on boost? No idea why. Got nkg leads and iridium plugs. I've never changed the plugs or leads since i've had the car. Pretty bad of me i know!

All plugs are on, why is it missfiring when boost comes on? On idle and other driving it's perfect as always, only when boost hits it starts spluttering.

Ok, what is the gap supposed to be??

Also i have these brand new plugs i bought when i got the car but never put them in, they are ngk BKR5EYA... I never put them in, i just cleaned up the iridiums as i thought they will be better. But will they be ok to use? Like, will they be sufficient enough for the engine etc?

Those are too hot plugs and you will get the missfire a bit earlier, so better to get new BKR7 iridiums or equivalent

and 0.8 for gap.

Edited by JayJ

Check that the leads aren't loose, check THIS, so you can compare the condition of rotor arm and distributor cap.

Timing can change, if your distributor bolts are loose and the position has changed.

• 5 years later...

Check your king lead, this is the Center lead that goes from dizzy to coil. It’s quite possible this is fooked and is breaking down under load. 

Edited by Jay85
59 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Check your king lead, this is the Center lead that goes from dizzy to coil. It’s quite possible this is fooked and is breaking down under load. 

Already changed it mate genuine Toyota one too