How much difference will it make having the tracking done??

I've owned 3 cars now, unreal amounts of wheels and never ever once had the tracking done LOL.

My v is on meisters so obv lower than stock height and has adjustable top mounts. But my main question as above, is how much difference will having the tracking done and will i notice it?

Tracking is only adjusting the track rod ends to a set point.

You'll be wanting alignment done, i do about 2 a day on average at work and the difference is night and day afterwards. Jus sayin...

But if the car doesn't pull or the tyre wear isnt bad then just leave it the way it is, if you like the way it handles.

How much is normal tracking and how much is alignment? I thought it was the same thing lol...

Yeah i will 100% be getting it done on friday, i don't want to wreck my r888's even faster than usual becausei cant be fucked to get the tracking or whatever done so yeah i will get it done for sure.

Tracking is setting the toe by adjusting the track rod ends.

An alignment consists of, setting up the back of the car first, castor, camber toe and thrust angle. Then setting up the front castor, camber and toe. Then make a couple of tweeks. Set up the steering, road test and if need be make a few more tweeks. On a machine with equipment thats cost about 20 grand +

But tbh on an ep is not as adjustable as a jaguar for example so a simple tracking might be ok, unless you need coilovers, adjustable panhard rod etc set up too ?

Totally depends on personal preference and your cars setup dude.

No full alignment they can do toe, camber, tracking on the front caster maybe? If you have the bits to be adjusted

And on ours adjust the centralisation of the rear axle.

But on some cars the rear camber and toe can be adjusted also.

Ours should be at the lower end of the scale hopefully

How can you do the alignment on the rear lol? There's nothing to adjust...

I don't have a panhard rod, also way too expensive for my liking also lol.

My mate works in a tyre garage that specialize in tracking and alignment so i'll ask him to sort me out and see what's what!

Cheers boys.

Dan i want to see a picture of you lol, i think you might be ginger. :)

so, do you get tracking an alignment done, or just tracking? i'm fucking confused, i want to set this shit up once and not worry about it again, don't plan on changing this wheel and tyre fitment for as long as i own the n/a

Well I think tracking just refers to track rod ends ie toe?

But you want a full alignment including camber adjustment (if you have coilovers with adj top mounts), and only the front is adjustable. Usually tracking is £30 and camber adj £30. I went to protyre Eastleigh Bill they charged me £60 for full alignment, just make sure you tell them you want to choose the camber and castor and you aren't wanting factory specs

Also panhard rod, that would cost more as they only normally do the front on Starlets. It's easy enough to adjust yourself, just take some measurements of where the wheels sit either side in the arch. You don't need to be exact as the front does as many people don't even run an adjustable rod anyway!

Camber is near 1 degree as standard. -1.75 degrees camber. 0.0 toe is a sweet setup. 300mm from wheel centre to edge of the arch nicely centres the wheels. Castor is not adjustable as standa so dont worry about it for now

Edited by rmsnoel

Rob, if you want to see my hair then you'll have to wait till japfest. I aint a slut lol.

Alignment / tracking, blah, blah, its all pretty simple really.

Tracking is just adjusting toe through the track rod ends.

Alignment, go all out and adjust everything possible until its fucking spot on.

On a new bmw 3 series for example, you can adjust everything, which is alignment.

On a standard starlet you can only adjust toe, which is tracking.

On a starlet with, coilovers, alk, adjustable panhard rod etc. you can adjust just about everything.

Easy, done.

I don't understand people who lower there cars don't put a panhard rod on and don't get the alignment set up. Panhard rods are a must for when you go lower. The cars just going to crab down the road. Your not wasting money when the car handles

I really don't get all this either tbh what I plan on doing is putting my coilovers to whatever height I want and takeing my car sumwer to get it all done and just giving them the pan hard rod to fit at the same time but can anyone give me some good settings so I can just say this is the way I want it set up as I don't think the place round my way would get many eps in ??

Camber is near 1 degree as standard. -1.75 degrees camber. 0.0 toe is a sweet setup. 300mm from wheel centre to edge of the arch nicely centres the wheels. Castor is not adjustable as standa so dont worry about it for now