back from body shop and f******

well i got the bumper sorted and roof sorted,

i went down yesterday to see how they where getting on and notice the front mount hks filter was loose with about an inch gap at the top (the screw fell out) so i pointed that out and sorted it.

i got it back today and within about 2 mins sitting at a junction the idle was lumpy and a fair bit of blue smoke, only on idle.

but it was lumpy further up the road at a round about..

i got it up the road and checked the dipstick ( full of oil and clean), no apparent coolent loss or sludge but under the cap was this!

20130313_083430_zpsf8e6ab0a.jpg

they say the car was only moved in and out ( i checked the millage).

i noticed a bit of oil from the breather.

the garage had the car for about 3 weeks so its been idle a fair bit but they are adement no dust or anything will have went into the intake and are taking no responsibility.

whats your thoughts?

Its its been parked up for a long period of time in a very cold place... Its possible for residue to build up like that on the oil cap...

Gives ie a long drive... and see if it improves... If not will be a coincidence that its failed... :(

so dust or anything into the intake wouldnt cause this? im concerned their may have been dust sitting in the intake pipe which has then been pulled in..

head gasket a big job? im taking it to their garage for a compression test to confirm and then maybe to a mate to sort via the AA.. it doesnt make sense of the blue smoke though,

ive had it sitting outside for weeks on end with no issue so i dont understand why this has happened?

is the blue oil smoke related to the head gasket if that is blown then?

Right i'll ill go take it a little drive and keep an eye on the coolent etc.

ive had it sitting outside for weeks on end with no issue so i dont understand why this has happened?

is the blue oil smoke related to the head gasket if that is blown then?

Right i'll ill go take it a little drive and keep an eye on the coolent etc.

Depends if/where the gasket is failing

Cyl to Oil Way would cause blue smoke...

Cyl to water way would cause white smoke and missfires...

Take it for a decent drive and keep an eye on levels!

That is condensation that is quite normal if the oil in the engine is clean you are worrying about nothing! If it was the head gasket all the oil would be the same not just in the cap. I've just changed my catch tank and that was half full of water! It don't mean the head gaskets failed tho. This time of year is all ways worst for it.

Give its some Revs. Like Socks said you can get build up like that from sitting long periods of time and a quick raz can sort it usually and burn it off.

Then check the compression etc

But you never know it could be coincidence or maybe some garage chappy took it out for a boost.......

Hopefully its an easy fix

That is condensation that is quite normal if the oil in the engine is clean you are worrying about nothing! If it was the head gasket all the oil would be the same not just in the cap. I've just changed my catch tank and that was half full of water! It don't mean the head gaskets failed tho. This time of year is all ways worst for it.

Disagree mate.

I had a pretty clean stick when I blew my head. Depends if you're keeping oil topped up and oil & water will seperate if its been sat so wont always see it. Just what happened to me anyway.

Also be careful that its not the head if you're taking it out for a boosty drive... don't warp your block :)

Disagree mate.

I had a pretty clean stick when I blew my head. Depends if you're keeping oil topped up and oil & water will seperate if its been sat so wont always see it. Just what happened to me anyway.

Also be careful that its not the head if you're taking it out for a boosty drive... don't warp your block :)

Won't the head warp before the block lol that explains it all lol

well i took it a drive and went to a garage at the body shop, took the sparks out and done a compression test with closed throttle and came back 150psi, we couldnt get the tester into cyl 1 and now the plug wont go right down either..

20130313_154209_zpsad7a63b5.jpg

the breather is breathing rather heavily so ive took it off and washed it out.

we cleaned the oil cap and when i got home it was like this.

20130313_162842_zps748866fe.jpg

so i'll need to drive gentle until i can get that plug right down.

whats your thoughts?

the lumpy idle isnt their any more and i put fresh fuel in.

topped the coolent and isnt using any plus no muck in their either.

i'll upload a video of the breather and see what you think

Edited by white-gt