CJ performance fuel rail issue UPDATE!!!

Is any one else having trouble fitting them or are we missing some bits?

We've got 2 ally spacers the rail, and a few fittings/rubber gromits.

It doesn't seem to sit low enough for the spacers provided.

We are using denso 440cc injectors to.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by Lew91
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James is working a 12 hour shift tonight but will double check with him in the morning. I'm not sure on this but I think they fit with the original spacers plus the shorter ones supplied with the fuel rail, will get James to confirm tomorrow though :)

I haven't had chance to yet I'll get the mesurements on monday as the workshops locked up now.

He got this one off eBay tho so I don't know if it was a second batch or not. It was described as a cj performance fuel rail tho.

Right a little update on this, pure and simple it don't fit, it won't fit and we've now cut the original spacers to try and get it to fit so we can't put the stock rail back in!

The holes are not big enough, the spacers are completely wrong and it's just one big pain in the arse and I've now got to drive half hour out my way to take my cousin home.

Brilliant!

Can you please pm me some more information and ideally pictures of where exactly it doesn't fit and those spacer measurements please because I haven't yet received a pm from you :)

There are 2 types of original rail spacers I've seen. All plastic ones and alloy/ plastic ones. I have both sets at home. Ill have a look at them later

Edited by turbo Grant

We have tried every possible cut and shamfer on the spacers the actual problem is the holes on the rail there not elongated enough for the rail to sit forward in the right position.

When cranking the car it just blows out the injectors where it's not sat right.

I didn't get round to measuring the spacers as it just got ripped out in a slight rage lol.

I might try to elongate the holes a bit more but it will mean taking some of the rail away

Edit: has any one else tried fitting there's yet?

Edited by Lew91

So it's getting the right angle so the injectors sit in properly? This was the issue we had with the original sample and was why we had to alter the design which caused delays with getting them here. Slight discrepancies on each head mean the angle is ever so slightly different on each car, we test fitted on 5 different heads here(all with slight differing angles of fitment) and the range of angle for fitment was more than sufficient on those.

When you say it's blowing fuel from the injectors is it the head side or the rail side?

It's blowing from the head side, we tried 3 different sets of rubber seals to and still the same.

I can see what your saying tho, I have 2 spare engines here so I'll try it on them tomorrow evening and see how I get on, if not I'll drill it out more.

Sorry about earlier posts, just a wee bit annoyed lol.

There is no way the fuel rails will fit. The mounding holes are about 7mm out.

Stock

DSC_0008_zps34005d7f.jpg

C J Performance

DSC_0009_zpsbfa01b7f.jpg

What are you going to do about this james? The holes cant be elongated anymore than they have already because you will break into the fuel passage.

Gavin