CJ performance fuel rail issue UPDATE!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean shut?

Just fitted another one up now will get some pictures up, we've had at least one customer who has confirmed they have fitted theirs and run the car with no issues, this is the only contact we've had with issues and are still awaiting the information to confirm if it is the spacer height that is causing the issue(as the height of the spacer will affect the angle the rail sits at which will affect how the mounting holes line up which can affect the way the injectors sit which will mean they don't seal correctly)

That's the end of that then, I won't bother trying it on the other 2 engines.

Makes you wonder why they've shut down all of a sudden!

we have closed for the time being due to work load and me starting a full time job to boot so merely catching up on work and orders!!!!

we have closed for the time being due to work load and me starting a full time job to boot so merely catching up on work and orders!!!!

That's fair play mate I'm only stating what other people plus me will be thinking.

Would it be possible for a video to be uploaded with a rail fitted to a running engine? Would also like a can of green giants sweet corn on the scuttle panel just so there's no funny business.

If its proved and possible I'll ask socks to remove this thread and no more will be said on the matter :)

We were going to do that this afternoon as Owain(enots) is here working on his wide arch GT but he has no fuel reg so couldn't do it today, will pick one up and get a video asap(bear in mind both James and Owain work full time so getting a day when they are both off might not happen until the weekend) :)

Something is not right. Spacer height will not alter an angle when the mounting holes/bolts and injectors sit parallel to each other. The fact the injectors and bolts should be parallel means the miss aligned mounting holes are making the injectors sit at an angle and leak. Trust me the mounting holes are about 7mm to far from the holes for the injectors.

Gavin

Edited by enzo_e492901

Lol y green giants sweet corn?

You got to double check lol. It was the first thing that came to mind for some reason.

Cheers Tara. It's just we got ours to look fitted but on the first turn of the key the injectors just blew.

Am I right in think CJ has all the correct liability insurances to? Just don't want to be seriously out of pocket if something major occurs.

If any ones wondering yes I am being a jobs worth, after spending the last 2-3 nights after 13 hour shifts I think I'm a little entitled to a moan :D

There is no way the fuel rails will fit. The mounding holes are about 7mm out.

Stock

DSC_0008_zps34005d7f.jpg

C J Performance

DSC_0009_zpsbfa01b7f.jpg

What are you going to do about this james? The holes cant be elongated anymore than they have already because you will break into the fuel passage.

Gavin

Just to clear things up because a couple of people have pm'ed me. The ruler in the photos is not measuring the length! It's there to highlight the differance from the mounting holes to the injector holes.

New photos

Stock

DSC_00082_zps16280091.jpg

C J Performance

DSC_00092_zps857f3820.jpg

Gavin

Edited by enzo_e492901
:( id also like to see a running engine video asap! I've just spent near on 200 quid buying all new lines and an gear to fit all this up. my engine is worth near 7k and im not risking it going up in smoke for an 80quid fuel rail. with all due respects the "testing" of products doest seem as thourough as perhaps it may need to be.

:( id also like to see a running engine video asap! I've just spent near on 200 quid buying all new lines and an gear to fit all this up. my engine is worth near 7k and im not risking it going up in smoke for an 80quid fuel rail. with all due respects the "testing" of products doest seem as thourough as perhaps it may need to be.

Exactly the same here fella !

This thread is exactly the reason why I haven't even fitted mine yet (waiting for others to. Just in case)and is now the reason why I wont be, until all this is cleared up.

We've just had another attempt, ground down the spacers a tad and put more of an angle on them. They didn't pop out this time but pissed out fuel from the rail side instead, gave up with it in the end.

Standard rail will be going back on tomorrow and staying on.

I'll be on the look out for a hks one soon if any one knows where to get them.

You will be lucky to find a HKS one mate

Zisco do fuel rails great bit of kit I've got one

Ah brilliant I'll give them a shout nearer the time then, I think they'll be pretty busy after this lol.

Cheers bud

I have not tried fitting mine yet but the first thing I did spot was all the swarf/drilling left overs in the fuel rail. Not very good for your injectors! and why had they been re-drilled after been anodized if there was no problem with them?

E83FB2CE-1F73-4FE9-B7AC-A55F145A4EDE-688

E964FA4A-5923-47E5-82F1-E15F9F3D193E-688

Then the other thing I spotted was when I screwed the fitting in the end it does not sit level so would not tighten onto the seal properly.

7C3BE312-511C-4FDD-9ACD-18463E101FBC-688