CJ performance fuel rail issue UPDATE!!!

im not overly happy now as this shouldnt be able to go to production without having been fully tested on a tuned mapped car realy run a higher fuel pressure. i was under the impression they had been properly tested. can a cj representative please put some input into this as per testing etc? it was a poor engineering issue thats lead to me never using the cj timing pulleys as they fouled and ran off at an angle close to the head. even after being reworked and replaced. so not too happy that these are potentialy an issue too :(

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not overly happy now as this shouldnt be able to go to production without having been fully tested on a tuned mapped car realy run a higher fuel pressure. i was under the impression they had been properly tested. can a cj representative please put some input into this as per testing etc? it was a poor engineering issue thats lead to me never using the cj timing pulleys as they fouled and ran off at an angle close to the head. even after being reworked and replaced. so not too happy that these are potentialy an issue too :(

I bough the pulleys in July, but never got round to fitting them until December. I'm having issues with the Cam-belt pulley as there is not enough clearance at the back and it is catching on the casting of the head. I know this is off topic.

lol, i cant believe you all bought them without them being thoroughly tested an abused.

Every one was under the impression they was. Most company's at least make sure they fit right and work.

the cam pully wont fit mate. fact. the back side was remachined on the replacment i was sent and that also fouled. then i milled the shit out of it so it fit and had a new isse with the way it sat to close to the head. far to close to spin at 000's of rpm!! and bear in ming heat expansion. bin it or use it as a paperweight. the other pulleys where fine though.

as for the fuelrails, im sure i speak for all of us when i say that we though a tested and approved product was just that! tested in appropriate conditions. sooo anyone for a uprated cv joint??? lol

the cam pully wont fit mate. fact. the back side was remachined on the replacment i was sent and that also fouled. then i milled the shit out of it so it fit and had a new isse with the way it sat to close to the head. far to close to spin at 000's of rpm!! and bear in ming heat expansion. bin it or use it as a paperweight. the other pulleys where fine though. as for the fuelrails, im sure i speak for all of us when i say that we though a tested and approved product was just that! tested in appropriate conditions. sooo anyone for a uprated cv joint??? lol

I have been trying to get in contact with James since December about this, however to no avail. A moderator has tried to contact him as well with no success. I don't particularly want to have to put spacers on all the Cam-belt pulleys either.

I hope we can have a refund if this isn't resolved as its a bit of a piss take to be honest, with all the testing that we were told about then these issues appear obviously we wernt told the right story !

^This.

Also nothing wrong with the standard fuel rail even for high power.

also nothing wrong with oem intake or many other parts of oem design. but like most people its good to add some shiney to under the bonnet and upgrade the rail isnt a bad thing to do either as its better to hold more fuel across the rail. the point is cj are a trader. its not some bullshit chineese ebay seller. and despite what others who rnt a buyers opinion is, this product should do its job and it doesnt! the reason its purchsed is errelevant imo! the fact that we belive a trader on the site would test a product to its fullest befor production isnt an unreasonable assumtion to make. you buy a product off ricky AdDaMan? you ask for stress tests? crack and pressure tests? airflow charts?? no because he is an APPROVED trader and you shouldnt have too!!

also nothing wrong with oem intake or many other parts of oem design. but like most people its good to add some shiney to under the bonnet and upgrade the rail isnt a bad thing to do either as its better to hold more fuel across the rail. the point is cj are a trader. its not some bullshit chineese ebay seller. and despite what others who rnt a buyers opinion is, this product should do its job and it doesnt! the reason its purchsed is errelevant imo! the fact that we belive a trader on the site would test a product to its fullest befor production isnt an unreasonable assumtion to make. you buy a product off ricky AdDaMan? you ask for stress tests? crack and pressure tests? airflow charts?? no because he is an APPROVED trader and you shouldnt have too!!

I totally agree mate, I'm surprised one wasn't test fitted to a running engine.

Shorty hit the nail on the head there really.

I will say that the rails every ones received don't look the same as originally advertised.

Original

6930421A-F6B4-4B85-9046-7683DC5E9CC5-470

And compared to enzo's pics the hole isn't countersunk into the actual rail, suppose that's where the 7mm was lost then.

Tara's gold one above has the countersunk holes so if that's the one that's going to be in the video then this whole exercise would be a waste of time.

Shorty hit the nail on the head there really.

I will say that the rails every ones received don't look the same as originally advertised.

Original6930421A-F6B4-4B85-9046-7683DC5E9CC5-470

And compared to enzo's pics the hole isn't countersunk into the actual rail, suppose that's where the 7mm was lost then.

Tara's gold one above has the countersunk holes so if that's the one that's going to be in the video then this whole exercise would be a waste of time.

The ends screw in all the way on that one aswell, mine has around a 2mm gap between the seal and the rail which Cleary will Piss out fuel !

Enzos has been photograph injector holes up, if I'm correct. So u can't see the countersinking..

The holes are in the same place as mine, there won't be any countersinking just one solid block.

Enzo can you put a clear pic up of your rail dude so every one can see what I mean.

Yes i can take photos but it will have to be in the morning.

The other photos are injector holes up. There is a recess/counterbore going down the side of the rail for the heads of the mounting bolt, if that's what you mean?

If you ask me the bore in the rail has been made to big and as a result moving the mounting holes over would of broken into the bore.

Gavin

Ah yours has it to then, I don't think our did but I'll have double check, I did notice that the mounting holes have been redrilled and elongated tho and ours doesn't look the same as advertised.

Would be interesting to see your pics later and there video.

Haven't had chance to read through all replies yet(had about an hours sleep and currently waiting for painkillers to kick in) will try and update later today

Lew91, I still haven't got a pm from you yet with pictures and measurements?

Here are some photos

DSC_0010_zpsda49a737.jpg

DSC_0011_zps774e3484.jpg

Mine also has swarf inside the bore. Not as bad as some tho.

DSC_0015_zps63dc185a.jpg

and evidence that there was machining work done after anodising.

DSC_0014_zps30cd12a2.jpg

The machining after anodising is a little bit of a give away as to what happened. They know they are not right but without loosing money and getting them remade this is as close as they can get them and they are running with it.

It's bang out of order. Ive asked for a refund already.

Gavin

Haven't had chance to read through all replies yet(had about an hours sleep and currently waiting for painkillers to kick in) will try and update later today

Lew91, I still haven't got a pm from you yet with pictures and measurements?

I didn't see the point! Might as well of kept it public for all to see.

Think enzo has just proved it tho.