Does sound like plugs. I used to put a fresh set in every few months on my old GT. keeps it running fresh and helps prevent a miss fire when booting it some.

Too true man, these plugs have been in the car since i got it literally just over a year ago this month and also god knows how long before that haha!

Standard gap for ct9 at standard boost is 1.1mm

But as you flow more air you blow the spark out

You don't want a too smaller spark as that can cause partial burns and pre-ignition

So you want the biggest gap you can whilst still getting clean running.

I've had a few beers, so that might not make sense.

I'd go for 0.8mm

You feel me fam?

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys, the misfire is STILL there at 1bar and above. If the boost controller is running a bar or above it misfires, then if I lower the boost setting it pulls strong right round the rev range :l ...

I've now changed for brand new parts, the following;

dizzy cap

rotor arm

iridium plugs

ht leads

What else is causing this :(. I want to cry, then sell it.

The coil pack and igniter pack could cause this as well. Unless its a lean miss fire. What's the fuel pressure at?

Standard fuel pressure I THINK, cause when I had the fueling set up on the dyno he said I set it up perfectly and didn't need to adjust it. I have an afpr, should I lower it a bit and try that?

Put another earth on the head as its cheap and easy but not likely to be that

What do you mean mate?

Edited by Rbz.

gap the plugs to .8mm i run iridiums and never had an issue..

ive also got an ignitor you can try, that work on my glanza before went standalone, and that ran absolutely fine..

They are brand new plugs and I did gap them to .8mm aha.

Ok bro thanks, if you're up lakeside on the weekend I will grab it off you then and try it I guess. Is it easy to fit?

If you got a bad earth it can cause a weak spark. Try putting another earth from the engine to battery or chassis.

Its cheap to do even if it doesn't work but rules it out lol

Ohh yeah Im with you now sorry.

Yeah man I will try that!

Standard fuel pressure I THINK, cause when I had the fueling set up on the dyno he said I set it up perfectly and didn't need to adjust it. I have an afpr, should I lower it a bit and try that?

You'd be wanting to raise it to rich it off, standard fuel pressures not good for td04, has you had it health checked since I put the FCD in and you changed the turbo? Could well be running in the lean zone and that'll be causing untold damage dude

You'd be wanting to raise it to rich it off, standard fuel pressures not good for td04, has you had it health checked since I put the FCD in and you changed the turbo? Could well be running in the lean zone and that'll be causing untold damage dude

Nope I haven't had another health check bro.. Should I RAISE the fuel pressure then? I spoke to joe and he said his Is running a lot higher than mine nearly a bar higher and he went the other week for his health check.

I totally understand, I think I might raise the fuel pressure by a bar tomorrow!?

JAY - I'll text you on sat mate.

What fuel pressure you running right now? If its standard you need to be running under fuel cut boost so map sensor can fuel it, got your old plugs? Post a pic of them up

Best thing is really to get another health check with the FCD and new turbo, as FCD will be tricking the ECU and the new turbo will be flowing more air.

What fuel pressure you running right now? If its standard you need to be running under fuel cut boost so map sensor can fuel it, got your old plugs? Post a pic of them up

Best thing is really to get another health check with the FCD and new turbo, as FCD will be tricking the ECU and the new turbo will be flowing more air.

Standard mate yeah.

I do have my old plugs yeah, they are pretty black!!