As some of you who know me will know i've been wanting a new car recently as I had a Corsa VXr which in fairness was nice but farrr too costly to run. (About 30mpg and £250 PA road tax). So at the weekend I finally picked up my new car.

So its goodbye to this little beast which strangely enough even with its problems I will miss it.

VXRandV_zps60e1ebe0.jpg

And its hello to this sexy peice of ass.

BMW_zps243d9069.jpg

Can't get away with just how much equipment is rolled into this plus it does 60mpg is £100 PA road tax. So should save me a fair whack. It came with just about everything and even had very low mileage at 31k I am delighted with it.

Only set back is that I only had it for a day then had to hand it back as it came in on a private plate and the road tax expired on sunday and they cant get me tax for it until the logbook arrives with the normal registration on it which is a kick in the balls.

So for the timebeing I have been landed with this shed of shite!

Courtesycar_zps8de76c30.jpg

Devastated isnt the word! Cant wait to get the BM back.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Haha I know mate I only really like BM's as far as German cars go and i've wanted 1 for a while but being relatively young and the fact they are usually 20k I had to hold off for a while.

Emm it has the wheels bodykit, electric seatbelt robot thingy lol, electric seats, full leather interior, heated mirrors, start stop technology (which is a pain in the hole.) Im not really 100% sure what is actually an optional.

Its not heavily kitted but compared to the V and the VXR its very well kitted.

Its just the comfort and economy I am enjoying that I havent had before.

no bad mate!

U like that Paul told you it wouldn't be no Audi lol.

Very smart man.

How much is insurance?

Cheers mate. Eh same as the VXR think it was an extra 88 for the year.

Starlet is still the most expensive to insure of all 3 lol.

Aye man theres a button on the dash but a need to turn it off everytime I get in it and when I 1st drove it away the battery was obv slightly flat so it didnt actually start working till I got home and was in Mcd's drive through and it cut out I nearly had a heart attack lol.

Nice BM mate. Can't beat a 320D. Check out the BMW Performance engine kit for the 320 - adds a fair anout of extra grunt without huting MPG much and (by BMW standards) is not too expensive. I quite fancy an Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo myself.

+ Another forum BM and Starlet owning member like me. Maybe your mates will think that's a mad combo like mine do, but I don't care. I love them both for entirely different reasons. :thumbsup:

Edited by dazstarlet

Aye man theres a button on the dash but a need to turn it off everytime I get in it and when I 1st drove it away the battery was obv slightly flat so it didnt actually start working till I got home and was in Mcd's drive through and it cut out I nearly had a heart attack lol.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/08/13/bmw-dealers-can-now-deactivate-the-auto-startstop-settings/

Nice BM mate. Can't beat a 320D. Check out the BMW Performance engine kit for the 320 - adds a fair anout of extra grunt without huting MPG much and (by BMW standards) is not too expensive. I quite fancy an Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo myself.

+ Another forum BM and Starlet owning member like me. Maybe your mates will think that's a mad combo like mine do, but I don't care. I love them both for entirely different reasons. :thumbsup:

Cheers mate i was actually going to ask if anybody knew of any good forums for them as every1 I seem to look at is very US based and I cant be bothered with the arrogant yanks lol.

Whats the performance kit? I planned to just get myself a slight map to get about 200bhp and hopefully a bit better economy only thing is I will be using it for commuting so In dont want to risk reliability.

Haha cheers Trisk It says at the bottom of that article that M models come with it as standard but mine doesnt I know the Key acts as a memory card for driver settings but it hasnt been saving the On/off settings who knows ill look into it when I get it back.

Nice mate ive got one aswell

Just get prepared when you need new tyres there expensive

I know mate ive checked already its kl though Ill either get part worns off the bay or just get some out my old work at trade.

dont like the bm at all you would be far better swaping it for my clio........

looks really tidy how did the garage inspection go for the trade in lol?

Haha sound mate deal!!! Aww you dont even want to know man ill pm you.

We need a starlet + BMW owners thread for poeple who own both because I've got the set aswell great combo but mine's the 330ci clusbort ( shit on fuel 20mpg )

Im with you on that do we have a thread for other cars that everyone else drives?

That would be a decent thread to see what else everyone has with this being a starlet forum you tend not to think past that.

We need a starlet + BMW owners thread for poeple who own both because I've got the set aswell great combo but mine's the 330ci clusbort ( shit on fuel 20mpg )

Yea I got an m3 3.2 e46 and I get 15 mpg lol

Cheers mate i was actually going to ask if anybody knew of any good forums for them as every1 I seem to look at is very US based and I cant be bothered with the arrogant yanks lol.

Whats the performance kit? I planned to just get myself a slight map to get about 200bhp and hopefully a bit better economy only thing is I will be using it for commuting so In dont want to risk reliability.

The best UK forum IMO is BMWLAND. There is a German based guy on there who I swear knows EVERYTHING about BM's. He's just a brainac for knowledge. I'm sure all forums have these type people, but quite why a German is on a UK forum heaven knows.

The BMW Performance range is the official aftermarket mechanical and cosmetic kit that BMW make for a whole range of cars - engine upgrades, suspension, wheels, carbon stuff you name it. It's kind of like the forerunner of the new M-Performance sub-brand in so much as they can take a car (say a 135i) and by the time you've put all the gear on you have something as close to an M as you can get without actually having one. BMW have now sort of made that official and convenient with the M Performance car range (like the awesome M135i) which take you a step above the M-Sport but one rung below a bonafide M. Seems like they are changing this range of aftermarket gear, there is a new range called M Performance as well as the old range just called Performance. Maybe they are running down the old range, but it's still up on the website for the moment, but maybe need to get in quick before they retire the range of bits for your model of 3 Series.

Link to all the bits for the last gen 3 Coupe:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owners/accessories.html#eyJhc19xIjoiaW5tZXRhOnByb2R1Y3RDYXRlZ29yeSUzRE1hbnVmYWN0dXJlckFjY2Vzc29yeUNhdGVnb3J5MiBpbm1ldGE6YXZhaWxhYmxlRm9yTW9kZWxTZXJpZXMlM0RCTVclMjUyMDMlMjUyMFNlcmllcyUyNTIwQ291cCVDMyVBOSJ9

Link to the engine kit:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owners/accessories/accessoryDetail.accessoryId=8058.html#eyJhc19xIjoiaW5tZXRhOnByb2R1Y3RDYXRlZ29yeSUzRE1hbnVmYWN0dXJlckFjY2Vzc29yeUNhdGVnb3J5MiIsImFzX29xIjoiaW5tZXRhOnByb2R1Y3RHcm91cHMlM0RNYW51ZmFjdHVyZXJBY2Nlc3NvcnlQcm9kdWN0R3JvdXAyMjUifQ==

The engine kit for the single turbo 2ltr D (120D/320D) is pretty good in so much as you get the new ECU + an extra cooling fan and other hardware to help cooling. Being a properly engineered kit specific to the engine makes it a safer bet than a backstreet modded ECU merchant. The only weird thing I have been told is that an extended warranty is invalid if fitted. Which is bonkers, but then it's not the only time that BMW policy makes no sense. For example, BMW UK sponsor and subsidise novice track days through the official BMW UK club. But if you take your car on one of these track days (including M's) again the warranty is invalidated.

Makes no sense does it? But it is true. BMW Motorad (bikes) do the same sort of track days, and owners who participate can do so without their warranties becoming void.....

Edited by dazstarlet
  • 3 weeks later...

Do any of you know the best way to go about making the back end a little sportier?

I know the e46 had a small lip on the tailgate and im sure you can get the same for the E92 but is there any that you recommend are good value for money?

This looks incredible but is a little pricey and probably isnt the best.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAINTED-BMW-E92-3-SERIES-2D-COUPE-CSL-TYPE-REAR-TRUNK-BOOT-SPOILER-WING-2011-/321102569019?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac3345e3b

What about something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAINTED-BMW-E92-M3-Lip-Spoiler-Lots-of-Colours-In-Stock-Next-Day-UK-Dispatch-/171020969385?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d1a4e5a9#ht_1041wt_932

Now i see it haha. not bad mate. cany wait to see it in the flesh thow. just hope your no goin to abandin the starlet to much haha. u sold they shocks n springs? Just a random q by the way??