Due to CJ Performance letting me and everyone else down with these clutches, I now need to chose another as for the last few weeks I have been shifting by matching the revs totally without the clutch. If people that have got and used the following clutches could give me there views on them that would be good to help me pick which one. Running TD04 with 225bhp so all clutches listed below should be well upto the job.

Exedy 3 Puck

This is the clutch that is currently in and seemed fine until 1 day it totally went without warning and although it doesn't slip at all it also won't engage anymore, possibly broken. Camskill - £275.74

Spec 6 Puck

Heard some good feedback about this from various people. On the upper end of my price limit but would rather it lasts me a long time. Tuning Developments - £339.99

Stage 4 or 5 Competition Clutch 6/4 Puck

Not heard anything at all about these but there on ebay also as the adverts for them are identical, again pricey and definitely overkill although it would be future proof. Also think these would be horrible on a daily. ID-Workz - £349.00 / Ebay - £349.95 / Race-Tech - £349.95

Helix 4 Puck (Friction Plate Only)

It could be a plan to buy this and use the Exedy pressure plate if possible as I can't see any reason why this would not work. Only heard a couple of people that had these, but said they were fine, no torque rating. Ebay - £216.52

Panther Performance 4 Puck

Not heard a thing about these either and due to being ebay I am understandably doubtful about them but thought I would include them rather than greenspeed. Ebay - £259.99

ACT 6 Puck

No info at all on these but I know ACT clutches are good on other cars, probably one of the ones I am most interested in hearing about and finding out how much BHP people use them with. Race-Tech - £344.95

As the car is driven daily I need something that isn't ridiculous but I'm not needing a standard feeling clutch either. Any other clutch suggestions are welcome although they must be UK only as I need it ASAP.

ACT also has organic performance street disc paired with xtreme pressure plate. This compo has 275 torque capacity, but might be a bit pricey for your budget?

ACT also has organic performance street disc paired with xtreme pressure plate. This compo has 275 torque capacity, but might be a bit pricey for your budget?

The ACT street clutch is £309 but I have no idea what it is rated to. http://www.race-tech.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54&products_id=16&zenid=d8ca38d08c9963507267e2e4bb17fd77

What does the stage 2 competition feel like and any idea what it is rated at? Seems ok considering the exedy only has 40% higher clamping.

The only problem that I have with both of these clutches is that they are both fairly standard(ish) rather than being paddles and also don't think they are cerametallic either. I'm sure both could handle it no bother but would a beefier clutch not last a good bit longer? Also it would be more future proof as I plan to go forged and change to hybrid TD04 at some point.

i had an exeedy 3 puk and it was very stiff tbh and then shat itself on a tongs hybrid at .8bar, exeedy clutches are shit imo. i now run an orc but they are very expensive, its savage and never let me down but mines not a daily and the orc is certianly not a traffic or daily happy clutch though :( i hear good things about the act and copitition clutchs though.

Don't really have alot of traffic where I live, nice country roads so shouldn't be too much of an issue and I'm the only one that drives the car. Seems like the ACT, spec or comp is the way to go, what's competition like to drive with?

Helix from fensport gets my vote it holds a big turbo and 1.6 bar and its no where near as hard a a knee snapping act

What i run and find it great. Also if and when it does go, you can just get the pads on the clutch plate replaced.

Helix from fensport gets my vote it holds a big turbo and 1.6 bar and its no where near as hard a a knee snapping act

Ive got one aswell a good clutch.

Had a exeedy before rubbish clutch

I have the 6puk from tuning developments was in the car when I got it and took a bit of getting used to. I'm running 260bhp and it handles it fine and its my daily drive. Even in traffic I don't think it's too bad mate. Hope this helps

x2 from tuning developments boostin at 1.4 bar for last couple years and love it.

They are, and I'm not sure they are in business anymore. However I thought it would be worth mentioning in case you found other MR2 clutches listed for less than their "Starlet labelled" equivalents, you know what the Starlet market prices are like :p