Will do. I got a parcel from his group buy (whiteline one four months ago) yesterday so hopefully that's a good sign Daniel.

Nice one Jay would be awesome as the sprint events will be starting soon and want the car to be better

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill join once i get some money in my paypal account, but 191 members already so thats £1290 in a day...how the hell much is hosting? lol

but not all those members are "paid users" ......... go to members list and shows who is payed and who isnt......

Guest daveburwash
I think if they'd put the fee down by a third of the price it would be bit fair .. but 10euros a year ... and having allllllll those members is a bit over the top. I would have made the traders pay for the site cause at the end of the day they are earning money from the site and not us daily posters....

We do pay

this is weard

ecksjay your banned mate, from recent pms and your language you know why.

if your really bothered about being able to post send me an email dude

fist time ive had to do that.

to everyone else chill with the language please does not make for great reading

fair play its about time i think some of his comments are a bit over the top sometimes and acts like a spoilt child,the guy is well informed and likes to rub that in remember ecks no-one likes a smart arse,and i know he gives good advice to some members so maybe this will calm him down a bit,as wouldn't like to see him banned completely as said he gives good advice to those that need it.

Hello all,

This thread was brought to my attention..

First off i would like to inform ALL that the old Toyota GT Turbo.com forum is still online and free to use

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/old/ and all u2u's are being moved over for anyone who is in dealing with traders etc..

secondly, we had planned to make this new site work better for everyone both paying and non paying, however our old host decided to pull the plug early without any warning leaving us with a site only half finished.. we disscussed this change for a week solid on the old site and all members had a chance to voice their opinions...

We ARE looking into ways that non paying members can still post, be it in limited quantities, or in certain forums on the board.. it was never our intention to have a NO pay - NO say policy.. we just got shafted offline by the old host before we had completed the build...

on the subject of a nestegg? Toyota GT Turbo.com has over 6000 members listed.. However if you read into it a little more you will realise that the majority of them have never even posted.. or not logged on in years... we only actually have around 500 ACTIVE member meaning that when the dues have been payed your "nestegg" might buy you a decent meal.. this action was only brought in to help pay for the running of the site, as it has been coming out of my own pocket for years... and when i logon evey day to find an email inbox full of "this guy slagged my car" and "please ban this guy he is being an asshole" i just thought to myself.. why am i paying for all this when all i ever hear is complaints? TGTT was started as an enthusiasts site.. and for years was a great place to come and post, but recently it has become like a yahoo chat room or something.. with nothing being brought to the site but personal arguments and childish comments.. its about time people had a bit of pride about what they post on the site.. and the way we see it, nobody is going to pay 10 euro a year just to post crap.. so we figure it will have a positive effect on the site too...

at the end of the day, all the info is still free.. the old site is still online for you to use.. and plans are being made for non paying members to still be a part of the community...

thank you for reading

Macker

blimey ecks gone?! shocker

i can c y uv imposed a charge, i prob will pay, i also will pay on here when that goes online - people are having overheads to cover without us handing out u wouldnt do it at JAE so y here? or there?

Glad we heard the 'real' story from the Mack himself.

I think what you are doing with the site is totally justified and will make the tgtt site more exclusive and raise the overall quality.

Like you said, its a great archive of information and will still be available to everybody, in recent times there has been a declining quality on posts posted but hopefully this new venture/facelift will sort that. I've always tried to post best I can anyway on tgtt with useful information of my own experiences.

The payment scheme is more of a goodwill gesture in my opinion very similar to the previous donation scheme you had, giving paying members a few exclusive priviliedges and also a chance to give a little something back to the site, not for profit, but for the continual running of the site. It wasnt intended as a 'pay to post' scheme at all.

Its such a small price to pay to access and be able to voice your mind on such a great site, dont forget its our cars and our enthusiasm for them that brought us to the dance. Chilling out and talking about what you did yesterday at work is great, but please keep up the standard of information and progress of our scene (the starlets) at the same time.

UKSC will be evolving soon and there will be a members scheme, what will you guys say then??

I certainly will pay, even if I wasnt on the moderating team which Im proud to be a part of.

Please give both sites time and a chance during these transitional times and you shall all be rewarded tenfold.

It is not for the benefit of us but for the benefit of everybody involved.

All the best with it tgtt team.

Regards

Joz

nicely said Joz man.

as Joz has said, UKSC will also be evolving in the not too distant future and just like him i will be happy to help Geo financially with the day to day costs of running UKSC because it has given and continues to give me so much (and just like Joz this has nothin to do wit me bein a mod).

I myself dont really use TGTT tho i was registered, however i am friendly with jay and i wish both Jay and Mack all the very best with the new site, it will be very interesting to see how it works out for u in the coming months and may give some indication of how UKSC may evolve also.

on the ecks matter, this is the first im hearing of it, i know wot he's like but i have done good business with the guy so i wont be commenting further.

My best wishes to TGTT and its staff!

Phil.

this really is bullshit...

ive been on the tgtt forums since the very first incarnation, been a member for YEARS.

im not blowing my own trumpet, but i am one of the few (and i mean few) people on the site who actually knows what they are talking about. the amount of times ive set topics straight when people are all throwing their 2p of "information" in, ive lost count.

i only go on tgtt to help people. the general banter has turned to shit, its UNBELIEVABLY over moderated (thanks to too many moderators who dont know how to manage a forum) and the community spirit it used to have is non existant. so, i only go there to help people who are stuck. admittedly ive been a cunt and butted heads with people a few times. but on the whole im helpful.

and now im supposed to pay for this?

i know its only 10 euros, but its an utter piss take. i wont be paying to be a member, and its a shame.

Rick, Macker & Jay chose moderators that know what they are talking about, not just any random, they do their jobs very well, Hybrid especially! If it wasnt for them, most of the "general banter" would be shit!

S.

this really is bullshit...

ive been on the tgtt forums since the very first incarnation, been a member for YEARS.

im not blowing my own trumpet, but i am one of the few (and i mean few) people on the site who actually knows what they are talking about. the amount of times ive set topics straight when people are all throwing their 2p of "information" in, ive lost count.

i only go on tgtt to help people. the general banter has turned to shit, its UNBELIEVABLY over moderated (thanks to too many moderators who dont know how to manage a forum) and the community spirit it used to have is non existant. so, i only go there to help people who are stuck. admittedly ive been a cunt and butted heads with people a few times. but on the whole im helpful.

and now im supposed to pay for this?

i know its only 10 euros, but its an utter piss take. i wont be paying to be a member, and its a shame.

I agree with you mate, I've been on the forum for over 3 years now and helped out a lot of people and i used to enjoy the banter and in depth discussions that used to be held on subject but it slowly took a dip for the worst with pointless spam and crap on the forums and then it seemed to turn into over moderation and i've witnessed myself a few mods being heavy handed and firing off comments that would be classed as bullying in a outside enviroment all because they got a little bit of power they go in heavy handed. I even got threatened and some cheeky replies from mods so i limited myself to posting on the forum as i wasn't putting up with the crap. Reporting the behaviour was never any good as 9 times out of 10 they picked it up before others and fired a good comment back at you.

I reckon i'll be like the rest, hold out a bit on the payment to actually see how this all works out and if attitudes change as i'd love to see the forum go back to the old ways of good discussions and everyone getting on.

I'm not willing to pay a yearly fee then find out a day or so later the mods attitudes are still there and people are still snapping at each other for no reason and insulting people.

I can see how the forum has went paid membership due to the running costs but it comes into very dodgy water as since someone is taking money, people are within their rights to ask for upto date accounts of how the money is been used and what has been took so people know whats happening, it's sort of like a business now where one person is getting paid which allows you to post and be part of the forum so there providing a service, would be interesting to know how the law goes on this. I fell asleep during this lecture so don't know a whole lot about it.

Edit - Until I can see it getting better and worth paying the fee, i reckon i'll stick about here and on the old forum.

Right my view.

I hardly ever post on tgtt.com BECAUSE, there is way too much bitchyness on there.

say for instance, youre trying to sell an item.You get some traders on there slating youre item and/or price etc.

Another instance,Some of the longer registered members on the site seem to have an instant grudge against the newew members.

Why?! they may be new, but its a good thing.

If it wasnt for the new guys buying the cars, there wouldnt be half as many items for sale.Half as much help for when the sh!t hits the fan with youre car..

And just plain wrong views.If people havent got something good or helpfull to say, dont say nothing.

I personally, will definately not be paying to re-register to the new site.It could be 1euro for all i care, im not paying to be another "noob" amongst "elites" who have got nothing better to do than to sit on there waiting for somebody with only half the postcount as them, to pop off at!

Dont get me wrong.There are some amazing guys/girls on there.Also some spot on traders (Dave Burwash,Toby etc)

But the ratio of quality/helpfull people certainly doesnt match the number of useless, little idiots who just want to slag off people who dont have much of a clue.

As allready has been said, you wont get most of the fellow jap owners helping and viewing the site.You wont be getting new members joining etc.

Bad move in my opinion.

Also im not good at maths, but say there was 100 members (theres obviously way more than that) but 100 x 10euros a pop.Thats some mega money.

Im pretty damn sure the servers not going to cost uber money.

Are they even going to send out freebies.Such as other clubs do (mitsi lancer register,skyline owners club,civic sport etc)

Monthly newsletters through youre door, spaces on club stands, discounts with bigger parts companys etc.

I highly doubt it.

I just feel for the traders on tgtt mainly, id have seriously thought its going to affect how much stock they sell.Some people such as me, only go on tgtt just to view the traders sections..

Its just a shame i doubt there will be as much information, classifieds etc