Getting carried away with weight loss

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Final little update for you on this round of mods...bearing in mind there are still several things I can do (all of which weigh A LOT) :)

polycarb glass, carbon boot, carbon wings, carbon doors, race battery, front exit exhaust, remove PAS etc.

Standard mirrors (now for sale :p ) weigh a hefty 2.46kg...thought I could do better.

IMG_0789.jpg

Made up some base plates

P1040190.jpg

Fitted and sprayed em

P1040192.jpg

Added the carbon GT mirrors (they weigh 120g!)

And now the interior...still needing a centre panel making up to house the switches and fuses (and the gauges aren't plumbed in)

P1040144.jpg

P1040185.jpg

P1040189.jpg

Hardest thing was tidying the wire and working out where to run it all ;) The car now weighs 788 kg...still a bit lardy.

inspiring stuff as always ;) Just waiting for a week off university so I can take the dash out, strip out any unnecessary rubbish then plumb it back in again, though I'll keep the dash entire for now, don't quite want the car to resemble a jungle gym quite yet :)

Next thing is to get this engine swap done, if all goes well she'll have around 380hp per tonne and 0 traction ;)

Driving the car is pure fun though, got to say...it's taken the fun that is the EP and concentrated it into a purer form....awesome :)