Oil temp gauge plugged in through oil pressure switch with adapter

im trying to find a different way to plug my oil temp gauge in as i have no room round the oil filter.

been told i can put in a tee peace in at the oil pressure switch and plumb it in that way.

can anyone tell me the part i need and what size it needs to be?

any info is appreciated!

Cheers

Josh

^^^

oh dear. if this is the case then im fooked :(

You can use T's for oil pressure

but with the temp, im sure the sensor is too deep to be able to get it into any T.

So what you do is do what WeeJohn suggested over on tgtt

temp.jpg

At the belt end of the standard oil filter housing there is a plug that can be removed, and replaced with a M16 x 1.5mm bolt that has a hole drilled in it and threaded the same size as the temp sender. Drill a small hole in the pas bracket for the wires to pass through and you have it done. Use a crush washer on the bolt to seal it to the housing.

I need one aswell, as im sure do a load of other people,so maybe we could ask dean to do a group buy on M16 x 1.5mm bolts with a 1/8PT hole drilled in it

You can use T's for oil pressure

but with the temp, im sure the sensor is too deep to be able to get it into any T.

So what you do is do what WeeJohn suggested over on tgtt

temp.jpg

I need one aswell, as im sure do a load of other people,so maybe we could ask dean to do a group buy on M16 x 1.5mm bolts with a 1/8PT hole drilled in it

Id be in for that :)

Put the temp sender through the oil filer housing and as above the pressure sender if u haven't the room on the pressure switch :) the other way round will give a bad temp reading as the oil is not permantly flowing over sender it's effectivly oil that stays put once up the pipe

Iv got this issue, not sure i like the idea of having the sensor in the sump plug, would mean not being able to get a socket on there so risk ringing the nut off!

Altho i suppose you could use a ring ended spanner :/

Doesn't go in the sump plug morgey. That adapter is for a sump plug, but goes in the oil filter housing