• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers lads :)

Yeah buddy looks wicked!

ps: What splitter is that? Can you still get to the towing eyes with it on?

and it's a seat leon cupra R splitter Dan, and cant really get to the towing eyes no :/ improves the handling well though!

Sam.

Did you fit that straight through job?........mine sounded fucking horrible when i fitted it and felt down on power so i ended up putting the cat back in lol

Good progress mate, glad to see what happened with your first one didn't put you off another ep!

Did you fit that straight through job?........mine sounded fucking horrible when i fitted it and felt down on power so i ended up putting the cat back in lol

Good progress mate, glad to see what happened with your first one didn't put you off another ep!

thanks mate, and yeah fitted it myself, welding was done by me and one of my mates as i dont have a welder. it sounds pretty good but not 100% sure if its down on power or up. when i first fitted it, it was a little more responsive but not a lot. just need it to go as fast as it sounds hahaha

the 1st pic looks awesome!! love it!

the splitter wont actually do anythin for handlin, its not big enough to aid that.

just need to roll the arches and drop it another couple of inches.

but shes lookin soo much better now than when u had those old shitty rims on mate, 1st pic is defo worthy of a potm entry :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Due to starting a new job and other stuff its been a long time with no updates!... not that there is much to show. anyway....

fitted some new under dash speakers:

p4pb10206746.jpg

p4pb10206761.jpg

p4pb10206766.jpg

also my wheels are FOR SALE if anyone is interested? need them gone to make way for something a little different that will hopefully make it stand out some more ;)

p4pb10206854.jpg

So basically atm im rolling on some ghetto as f*ck 13" alloys.

the straight through is off due to a policeman noticing it was a little loud ;)

the starlet will however (once a daily is sorted - fingers crossed) be coming off the road towards the start of next year to become a pink TURBO sleeper as i now have a decent, steady income :)

Also acquired some FREE Skoda Fabia VRS front calipers and carriers when a friend upgraded to Audi S3 brakes and they seem to fit :shok:

Not much of an update but i felt guilty :p

Sam.

Look forward to the wheel updates!

How much difference did the front speakers make? Been meaning to change mine since I bought the car aha

need to sell mine first to pay for them, but they are gonna be pink! :D

and the speakers made a tonne of difference. i can actually have my parcel shelf speakers disconnected and still hear the radio perfectly. did a test with a decibel meter on my phone with the same song at the same volume setting and the new speakers were on average 6db louder

just reading through this thread

i fooking love this car,they are superb lil cars and ures is soooo tidy

coilys have made a lovely difference to it ,and to sumarise.....u need to sleeper it for sure

its a big job to do ,but take it from me its sooo worth it

i have a turbo sportif and it shocks alot of people

• 2 months later...

UPDATE//

the insurance company i was with turned out to be a scam so the starlets now off the road! meaning i have no car for the time being but the plan was to have it off the road by now anyway so not too much of an issue!

so today i installed bonnet lifters (not to everyones taste but i like em)

stripped my interior bare, ready for my new seats and harnesses which im picking up on boxing day. They are genuine leather OMP bucket seats with red/pink 5 point harnesses from my mates rally spec nova. brand new, were installed and never used :)

bump strips are coming off tomorrow evening

new wheels will be on mid january/early feb which are staggered 15x7 and 15x8 bullet steels with pink centres/

ill upload a few pics tomorrow

sam

MMM bullets! Ive dreamed of those ever since i first saw them! Am i right in thinking the 7's are et20 and the 8's are et0?

not 100% sure, buying them off my mate whos got them on his lupo GTi at the moment, so waiting on a test fit to see if they scrape. most likely will haha

what et are your G60s? i just want mad poke :p

UPDATE//

the insurance company i was with turned out to be a scam so the starlets now off the road! meaning i have no car for the time being but the plan was to have it off the road by now anyway so not too much of an issue!

What do you mean the insurance was a scam?!

Looking forward to the seat updates :thumbsup:

What do you mean the insurance was a scam?!

Looking forward to the seat updates :thumbsup:

Was with a company called we cover any, they also go by personal touch. Turned out to be what they call a ghost broker who insure your car fraudulently with incorrect details etc. :/

UPDATE//

so today i installed bonnet lifters (not to everyones taste but i like em)

stripped my interior bare, ready for my new seats and harnesses which im picking up on boxing day. They are genuine leather OMP bucket seats with red/pink 5 point harnesses from my mates rally spec nova. brand new, were installed and never used :)

bump strips are coming off tomorrow evening

new wheels will be on mid january/early feb which are staggered 15x7 and 15x8 bullet steels with pink centres/

ill upload a few pics tomorrow

sam

Liking the sound of these updates mate, look forward to it! :)