Are they allowed? Are they worth buying?

I have a 4 hour afternoon session pass at Donington and don't wanna be let down by road tyres melting, like my Toyo T1Rs have done in the past. Rainsports lasted about 15 mins on NA before starting to overheat so I want something more capable of handling the high temps on track

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

No full slicks allowed - semi slick tyres such as r888 are fine. I've used Tarmac rally tyres before and had no issues.

Alsong as the tyres have decent cut grooves in you should be fine.

I've used t1rs and aslong as you keep them at right tyre pressure (they increase dramatically on track) that will prelong life on track

Edited by Danb

I saw some cheap rally tarmac tyres but reviews on them were pants :(

R888s are a bit pricey unfortunately, if money was not an option I'd probably buy some AD08s

Y arnt you aloud full slicks?? R888 are good but they lasted me a month on the road it was a fun month tbf but wouldn't buy th again can't see them lasting on the track you'd be driving home on slicks lol heard good things about advan track tyres I really rate the pradas had them on my old gt prob the best tyres I've had on a motor had alot more confidence in them that the toyo t1rs I've got

On the car at the min

Edited by Whitenoize

Yeah I'm surprised slicks aren't allowed but oh well! I've got a spare pair of track wheels too slicks would have been cool..

Surprised you went through R888s so quickly, was your alignment all okay? Not keen on Paradas either, T1Rs and Rainsports are great road tyres but for track you really need something that likes the heat

Mate my r888 wer fucked after a little more than a month alignment n all was done when I got them fitted I was quite hard on them

round country roads n that but Im not running big power or anything would expect them to last more than that I couldn't fault the pradas tbh I just got two new t1r a few week ago and I wouldn't buy them again

I've known people to do 10k on a set of 4 r888's including a trip to the nurburg ring.

Dont forget you get 3 different compounds of r888's

Infact my brothers had a pair of r888's on his civic for 10k+ now and they were part worns when he got them. Think they are on the rear though!

yea dont panic mate the wichester meet will still happen as will the second meet point with the other lads befor heading on to the ukso meet point. its a common thing for us for japfest.

yea dont panic mate the wichester meet will still happen as will the second meet point with the other lads befor heading on to the ukso meet point. its a common thing for us for japfest.

Ah happy days then Iooking forward to heading up with a few people will yours and grants be ready for jf shorty?

just reread this - didnt realise you was going on about JF2 - i was tired last night.

RSR are a very good tyre, not as grippy as r888(not by much) however i believe they offer better value for money than the 888s.

Im not going to be doing open pit lane at jf2, theres too many idiots out there for my liking, was a few close incidents last year, and with the open pit lane - mixed abilities on track, people will be out for longer than 20mins and not realise about tyres/fluids getting too hot - just accident waiting to happen.

just reread this - didnt realise you was going on about JF2 - i was tired last night.

RSR are a very good tyre, not as grippy as r888(not by much) however i believe they offer better value for money than the 888s.

Im not going to be doing open pit lane at jf2, theres too many idiots out there for my liking, was a few close incidents last year, and with the open pit lane - mixed abilities on track, people will be out for longer than 20mins and not realise about tyres/fluids getting too hot - just accident waiting to happen.

Wish me luck then, I'm open pit lane all day ;)

Wish me luck then, I'm open pit lane all day ;)

hahaha

im hoping it becomes really quiet on track around 3pm as people start to pack up and go home and they put offer on track for £20 for rest of day!

Same. I've chosen to do the 15 min session around 12am, in between the open pit sessions, just so I can have a blast on the track and be able to drive home. I don't think people realise how quick it is to destroy tyres and over heat stuff around a circuit, especially after 4 hours! I've got Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres on mine and they seem to cope with a lot of abuse, and grip brilliantly.

Edited by Arnold