right guys abit worried.. is this normal? :(

Start my car.. Let it warm up accordingly

Put my foot down all of a sudden and was just cutting out and then boosting then cutting out..

BUT!!!! when i gradually put my foot down then it's fine?

Any solutions to come around this guys?

I thought it was petrol low but topped it up and same thing.. Yeah got a boost gauge. What is fuel cut? Lol

Matt - I dont know what managenment i'm on it's probably stock. How can I find out?

I thought it was petrol low but topped it up and same thing.. Yeah got a boost gauge. What is fuel cut? Lol

Matt - I dont know what managenment i'm on it's probably stock. How can I find out?

Fuel cut comes on when you go over 0.8bar of boost. If you keep your eye on the gauge and if the power drops when your over 0.8bar and the engine management light comes on then its more than likely fuel cut.

A quick search on the forum will go into it in more detail.

As for what management your running... the ecu is behind the glove box. It should be a square metal box, upload pics and someone should be able to tell if its standard

Fuel cut comes on when you go over 0.8bar of boost. If you keep your eye on the gauge and if the power drops when your over 0.8bar and the engine management light comes on then its more than likely fuel cut.

A quick search on the forum will go into it in more detail.

As for what management your running... the ecu is behind the glove box. It should be a square metal box, upload pics and someone should be able to tell if its standard

Ohhhh okay.. Is there a way I could set it so it's not at 0.8bar of boost and it doesnt hit fuel cut? I have a manual controller in the bay :)

Been lookin at fuel cut defenders. Why so bad?

Its a safety feature to stop you blowing up you engine. Personally i'd avoid the fuel cut defender and opt for getting a emanage blue fitted. People will disagree but its a safer route and will no doubt get more power out your car

if you get a JAM fuel cut defender it removes fuel cut

and HKS fuel cut defender moves fuel cut, so is slightly safer, however it makes the car run leaner throughout the rev range.

Its a safety feature to stop you blowing up you engine. Personally i'd avoid the fuel cut defender and opt for getting a emanage blue fitted. People will disagree but its a safer route and will no doubt get more power out your car

That's also the route I'd recommend.

Yes, stock ecu..

Personally I'd get rid of that manual boost controller.. They are just trouble. Set the actuator to a safe .7 bar to allow for slight boost creep and you will avoid fuel cut..

In the meantime.. Save up for a proper management setup like a plug and play it piggyback ecu..

Disconnect the pin/arm from the turbo (usually a lil circlip thingy)

And then wind it out (you may need a little spanner) then test drive and see what she boosts too ;-)