Need a more practical car

Well i need a more practical car, ive just looked at my bank statement and i go to shell every 3 days and spend £40 on v-power.

So ive decided to go out and buy a more practical car, Ive got 3 cars in mind and don't no which one

1 Land Rover Discovery 3

2 Audi A3 1.9 tdi s line

3 Focus Rs replica

All in my price range.

Well my Dads :D

Edited by sammasson

I'm in the same boat aswell mate.

I just brought a Nissan Primera 2.2dci for £809 off eBay! Lol

Picking it up tomorrow :-P bargain!

But personally I wouldn't go for any of those on your list, if I had to though I'd go for the A3!

You considered an MG ZT diesel?

50mpg, BMW engine and dirt cheap because of the badge?

I'm assuming I got this nissan so cheap because it looks like a melted jelly mould.

Edited by Addymk2

The price of fuel is not a massive problem, ive had enough of an rough ride.

Im going closer to the discovery 3. I went and had a look at a black one yesterday and liked it a lot. Its big and practical.

Edited by sammasson

What's happening with the glanza ? Staying and having a run around or getting rid completely ?

James

Did you ask that?

Do you think im stupid i would never get rid of my baby spent way to much.

Im turning it into a weekend car and track day or when i get back from a bad day at work i can go boosting.

Did you ask that?

Im turning it into a weekend car and track day or when i get back from a bad day at work i can go boosting.

Same boat, although seriously contemplating selling up and buying a monster. Good luck on the hunt mate! Be careful if you do go down that route and properly inspect it, not exactly the most reliable/cheap to fix cars on the market.

If you want the MPGs, avoid the landy. I had a Disco2 TD5 .... struggled to get over 25mpg.

Rocking a Discovery1 200tdi at the moment. Averages 19-22mpg although it has been wound up at the moment.

I've currently got a 330D M Sport, it's surprisingly good on fuel but maintenance isn't cheap as Amjad mentioned.

I'd suggest a Mark 5 Golf 2.0 GT TDI (before the DPF model). They are very cheap to run and are a nice drive too IMO.

Did you ask that?

Had to be asked man especially after you had that horrible accident the other night :( you decided if you want to come japfest?

James

Edited by jimmymac101

Police still got my car, hopefully have it back tomorrow and get the window sorted by friday.

I'm not going to sell the ticket just incase i decide to go.

Just have to see what happens, but i wont have the dints sorted.

I've currently got a 330D M Sport, it's surprisingly good on fuel but maintenance isn't cheap as Amjad mentioned.

I'd suggest a Mark 5 Golf 2.0 GT TDI (before the DPF model). They are very cheap to run and are a nice drive too IMO.

I was surprised at how cheap things are for the BMW, if you're doing the things yourself it's not expensive imo. Practical, good mpg (47) and still interesting enough, a big thumbs up from me for a 330d.