Anyone running a harness bar?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Without wanting to harp on, and sounds like the forum H&S Officer, here are my thoughts on harness bars.

When you roll a car onto it's roof and you are fastened in with a normal 3 point retractable belt, your torso is able to bend forward and avoid the roof which is now a lot closer to your dome, cool.

But.

When you roll a car with fixed back seats and a harness holding your upper body up right, you are only able to bend your head at your neck. Picture that scene for a second, you are helpless as the roof caves in.

A harness bar should be incorporated into a roll cage, which protects your face/head/neck/back strapped upright into a seat.

• 2 months later...

I've got one as part of my cage. Should be pics of it in my build thread, project shedlet.

Edit read your build. Wanted to keep my interior standard(ish) but that looks good, will have to look around for something similar

Cheers

James

Edited by JamesD89

It was made by a lad called Andy who had a ep82. Funny onion bought his cusco half cage and he fancied another one so he ended up making one. This is that cage that he had made for him. The bar across the middle was his idea and it came in handy as a harness bar. It's only a rear half cage unfortunately. Andy had it powder coated then ended up selling his gt to dan Garbutt. 👍