Anyone running a harness bar?

ive got one wil take pics of it later it a pivoting bar as i still have my back seats in .... i stole the idea from the the r34 golt gti monster ... i call it the o shit bar

Not been able to reply on my iFail for some reson.

I know the exact car your talking about, awesome! Same thing as that yeah, also like the AMS harness bar for the Evo's. Be decent if there was a few folk intersted for a GB.

Be interested to see pics if you have any!

not a bad idea, looks easily makable aswell

basically a b-pillar brace like this one...

http://s588.photobucket.com/user/ryanlang/media/0bpillar_zps9357b1ff.jpg.html'>0bpillar_zps9357b1ff.jpg

with an extension across the back of the seats to eachother. can even add 2 support bars to the seat bolt holes across the front of the bench where the foam is bolted down

http://s588.photobucket.com/user/ryanlang/media/09A3B62E-A94B-4130-8939-C68525CDB01D-3479-00000413CD462ECF_zpse339578c.jpg.html'>09A3B62E-A94B-4130-8939-C68525CDB01D-347

^^^ Yeah thats kind of what im thinking about doing if i try making one myself, Id have to get my seats in and see how far back they sit, if its not too far i might just run a solid or adjustable bar between the two top seat belt points. Id be taking the back seats out so could also have a kind of supposrt between the bar and where the rear seatbelts bolt to if needs be

Tegiwa sells universal type which look awesome.

They are basically used in Civics and teggies but I think it'll fit with some slight modification.

They have 2 types which has to do with the width of the brace, the civic one is smallest but still to big to fit a starlet.

So that'll mean that is has to be cut apart and welded back together, just a few inches smaller.

Edited by sd075

Well, Tegiwa seem confident it will fit...... I'll let yous know when it gets here!

What one did you go for mate? Was it the Corolla one?

If it fits I can see Tegiwa having quite a number of large orders for these :p

Edited by AdamB

What one did you go for mate? Was it the Corolla one?

If it fits I can see Tegiwa having quite a number of large orders for these :p

Being honest, I dont know as it didnt give you a choice, I just ordered the one in the Toyota section :unknw:

The guy I spoke to was pretty vague and un helpfull unfortunately, I gave him a rough measurement and he told me they were universal and there was plenty adjustment in it, so it would fit. Im not holding out much hope in all honesty, cause my mates civic was a good 5inches wider at the same point!

Im guessing being its adjustable its more for show. The idea of a harness bar is to keep the angle of the seatbelts higher or level with the shoulders incase of an accident right?

If its adjustable aren't they going to be weakened massively at that point?

Just putting my thoughts out there :)

Im guessing being its adjustable its more for show. The idea of a harness bar is to keep the angle of the seatbelts higher or level with the shoulders incase of an accident right?

this

why dean needs to make a badass one :) dont make me break out my paint editing skills haha

I see where your coming from, but as far as I can make out the bar itself is not adjustable, I think the holes on the end brackets must be elongated to give you some movement.

Id really hope its not for show since its being advertised as "Ideal if you are using harnesses in your track/road car."

I had thought about contacting Dean to fab up a starlet specific one (Edit; Ive put it to Dean.... )

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/65502-harness-bar/

Edited by Fro