Welcome along!, check for rust around arches, check floor and matts for leaks or damp, also check boot for any signs of damp!, don't be afraid to pull the boot liner up and have a good nose around! Check all electrics,(windows, mirrors wipers, lights, interior light), general check of everything running right,

Don't forget cold starts.. Make sure when you get there the car is cold.. If its warm then delay them as much as possible then start from cold..

Check underneath if you can, again for rust etc etc.

Check all dash lights are working correctly, handbrake seatbelt door open..

Check boot catch and petrol catches work (located on the right hand side of the floor on drivers side)

Check all gauges are working If any!, along with turbo timer if applicable.

Also check any central locking if it has it, and try to set it off if possible to make sure it works!

Also check air con if its there... Even down to the nitty gritty.. Such as seats moving as they should! Even back seats folding as they should.. Check the key fits and locks all locks!

Everything lol list goes on and on! Should take a good hour or so for a proper good look around!

Then of course the test drive.. Listen for the usual knocks/bangs, scrubbing of arches, crunching of gears!, test all gears including reverse! And brakes etc etc!

Check all fluids too! :-p then if you have time after that.. Buy the bloody thing! Haha

Hope at least some of that helps! (Don't have to do it all. Just if you want to be real anal about it all!) :)

Welcome to ukso!:D

I think all the advice above is very wise... I'd be doing a compression test...making sure the engine is stone cold when you get there.. If it is warm 99% of the time there trying to hide something... Ask about service history and then check plugs to see if its running rich/lean/overheating etc.

Mainly mechanical with starlets... I personally haven't seen any that are covered in rust etc

Welcome along!, check for rust around arches, check floor and matts for leaks or damp, also check boot for any signs of damp!, don't be afraid to pull the boot liner up and have a good nose around! Check all electrics,(windows, mirrors wipers, lights, interior light), general check of everything running right, Don't forget cold starts.. Make sure when you get there the car is cold.. If its warm then delay them as much as possible then start from cold.. Check underneath if you can, again for rust etc etc. Check all dash lights are working correctly, handbrake seatbelt door open.. Check boot catch and petrol catches work (located on the right hand side of the floor on drivers side) Check all gauges are working If any!, along with turbo timer if applicable. Also check any central locking if it has it, and try to set it off if possible to make sure it works! Also check air con if its there... Even down to the nitty gritty.. Such as seats moving as they should! Even back seats folding as they should.. Check the key fits and locks all locks! Everything lol list goes on and on! Should take a good hour or so for a proper good look around! Then of course the test drive.. Listen for the usual knocks/bangs, scrubbing of arches, crunching of gears!, test all gears including reverse! And brakes etc etc! Check all fluids too! :-p then if you have time after that.. Buy the bloody thing! Haha Hope at least some of that helps! (Don't have to do it all. Just if you want to be real anal about it all!) :)

I am now tempted to be anal, I was quite particular but now I feel an anal coming on! :) Thanks for all that advice thats great! Worst case senario I could just drag you along with me lol!

Welcome to ukso! :D

I think all the advice above is very wise... I'd be doing a compression test...making sure the engine is stone cold when you get there.. If it is warm 99% of the time there trying to hide something... Ask about service history and then check plugs to see if its running rich/lean/overheating etc.

Mainly mechanical with starlets... I personally haven't seen any that are covered in rust etc

Thank you, quite a few people have mentioned the compression test, I will have to invest in one. I don't really fancy having to overhaul the engine after only having it for a week. Thank you once again.

Welcome along! Considering your in overalls in your pic I'm going to make the assumption you know your shit!

Avoid FCD's unless set up properly and watch out for uber boost spikes!

Apart from that, enjoy!

Edited by Addymk2

Welcome along! Considering your in overalls in your pic I'm going to make the assumption you know your shit!

Avoid FCD's unless set up properly and watch out for uber boost spikes!

Apart from that, enjoy!

Hmm, a little but thats not actually me lol, thats my other half and my eldest son. I'll let you off considering i must appear headless. Thank you.

Hmm, a little but thats not actually me lol, thats my other half and my eldest son. I'll let you off considering i must appear headless. Thank you.

Monday morning, I'm easily confused before lunch time :p