Hello to all,

I'm Carly but you can call me Peaches. Unfortunately at the moment I do not own one of these pocket rockets but, since attending the Japfest show up Castle Combe the other week, I have fell in love and trolled Piston Heads and forums ever since. So, why not join one? As this forum seems to be the most informative I aim to get an insight into what I will own in the not so distant future!

Hope everyone's had a good weekend! :thumbsup:

P.S My first question, has anyone got a list or link to a decent buyers guide when purchasing these beauty's 2nd hand? I can't seem to find a decent guide anywhere.

*Pro's

*Con's

*Do's

*Don'ts

As I don't want mine turning into garden furniture!

Welcome along its always good to get more female members, have a look through the sales section there are some beauts on the especially a black one being old be Conner his user name is Browner have a look

Welcome along :)

First thing I would recommend to any potential buyer is to compression test an engine upon viewing, if the seller doesn't let you do this then walk away! Other than that its just the usual checks, burning oil/water, rust, any accident damage etc.

Hello to all,

I'm Carly but you can call me Peaches. Unfortunately at the moment I do not own one of these pocket rockets but, since attending the Japfest show up Castle Combe the other week, I have fell in love and trolled Piston Heads and forums ever since. So, why not join one? As this forum seems to be the most informative I aim to get an insight into what I will own in the not so distant future!

Hope everyone's had a good weekend! :thumbsup:

P.S My first question, has anyone got a list or link to a decent buyers guide when purchasing these beauty's 2nd hand? I can't seem to find a decent guide anywhere.

*Pro's

*Con's

*Do's

*Don'ts

As I don't want mine turning into garden furniture!

Hi welcome to the forum

The hottest gf thread is a bit dead at the moment, so please contribute if you like

Welcome again

Thanks Adam, are these engines prone to piston ring let by then or is the test just for good practice?

Thanks Azz will look now!

These engines are known to break piston ring lands. Many people say 230bhp is the limit of the stock engine, some have had more and some have had less. I had the ring lands let go on me at standard boost on a stock turbo. So it really is hit and miss. It will also give you a good indication of how healthy the motor is as well :)

These engines are known to break piston ring lands. Many people say 230bhp is the limit of the stock engine, some have had more and some have had less. I had the ring lands let go on me at standard boost on a stock turbo. So it really is hit and miss. It will also give you a good indication of how healthy the motor is as well :)

Interesting ... Thanks for the heads up! Always good to know what your dealing with.

Welcome along. Also good listen to the manifold for blows. They can crack and on the head where the exhaust manifold bolts on the end can crack. Look if the rear discs have gone red on the edge. Sign of binding callipers if red

Hi welcome to the forum

The hottest gf thread is a bit dead at the moment, so please contribute if you like

Welcome again

Ooo wheres the link? I'll have to check out the competition. I'll have to wait though, I don't think anyone would appreciate a half naked pregnant women who feels like an obese whale! :shok:

Welcome along. Also good listen to the manifold for blows. They can crack and on the head where the exhaust manifold bolts on the end can crack. Look if the rear discs have gone red on the edge. Sign of binding callipers if red

Thank you, I have heard about the manifold but that will be the first thing I will change, as I've heard about the restriction in port 3 know one likes a blocked nose! And of course it cracking. Thanks for the advice on the callipers but when you mean red is that after a drive and they're glowing or as in a red dust residue?

Looking at these is like looking at most cars nowa days check for rust but a well looked after gt or Glanza shouldn't have any as there imports check compression on the engine as they are gettin old now and then just general stuff like said above really leave an em engine running for temps etc there are some nice ones for sale on here already and I'm sure that u will find what u need on here

Welcome along, your defo on the right site for advice and banter :) any info on the evo in your avatar? Love a good evo :D

Thank you. Evo is my other halfs it's an I've (4) pushing on 370bhp, full 6 interior because the 4's are RANK! All other usual engine mods nothing to boy racer you know the type. Once I get my Starlet I can bully him around town :p