Keep on seeing sellers quote 1.3 on the log book so cheap insurance what's that all about? Surely insurers won't pay up for a spanked tubby insured as a 1.3????

It's what glanza's and gt's used to be imported as because our Country didn't know what they really were lol

Aslong as you insure it as a glanza or gt your be ok mate, just be prepared if a copper in the know stops you as they will ask and check your above board :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

James

So it's just a bullshit ploy to make a car sound more inviting? My insurance history is a nightmare....already had an IN10 for no insurance on my supermoto and I've been paying for that bastard for years now! I know insurance companies will find any little thing to invalidate a policy so I want to do it legit.....think complete honesty is the policy nowadays! ;)

My mates glanza said 1.3 auto corolla mine just says Toyota 1.3 on log book and nout else

Just a edit to say both me and my mate have insured area as glanzas despite the log books

Edited by Glanza-Ben

if you insure it as a glanza V, GT or GT turbo you will be fine

they are all 1.3 on the logbook, but come insurance time they will know whether its a turbo

unless like some ive heard about insured as the corolla, and one was even down as a suzuki swift once lmfao

Any turbo car insured as just a 1.3 n/a is fraud and if u have an accident you're fucked.

That's what I was afraid of.....it seems obvious but seen it on so many ads I just wanted a definitive answer.....and there it is :)

The police aren't actually allowed to check if your mods etc are declared. That information is between you and your insurer, it's confidential. But that doesn't mean to say they CAN'T. Because obviously they're the police and they can do what the heck they like (Y).

As you have said above its an expensive way to drive with no insurance, they dont state turbo on log books and when a seller advertises it as the whole "1.3 on log book so cheap to insure" it infuriates me tbh. Im very very against insurance fruad as it pushes all us honest ppls insurace up paying for the damage they cuase. Plus all the mrs family are old bill and some of the horrible stories I've heard of acidents cuased by little chavey scrotes who try and save a few quid is enough to make a grown man cry! Cunts! Simple! Honesty is the only way, if you cant afford it dont have it basicaly.

As you have said above its an expensive way to drive with no insurance, they dont state turbo on log books and when a seller advertises it as the whole "1.3 on log book so cheap to insure" it infuriates me tbh. Im very very against insurance fruad as it pushes all us honest ppls insurace up paying for the damage they cuase. Plus all the mrs family are old bill and some of the horrible stories I've heard of acidents cuased by little chavey scrotes who try and save a few quid is enough to make a grown man cry! Cunts! Simple! Honesty is the only way, if you cant afford it dont have it basicaly.

sorry dude but i have to disagree every time some one says this.

i dont condone driving uninsured but,

insured drivers crash and cause tragedies too

I am an insurance agent... (Waits for the hatred)...

And one thing I know for sure is no matter what happens, if the v5 is in your name, it's your responsibility to have it correct!, as even if you insure it as for example a gt turbo, but on the log book it's a 1.3 sportiff, they will sting you in the rear!

Believe me!, (I do it as my job, I'm a claims assessor) the more money we save (dont pay out) the better for the company as you expect..

So basically, if there is any flaws with it.l I.e your name wrong on the insurance documents, your address wrong, DOB out even by a day... They will not pay out.. Or atleast will do their best not too!

Basically just be savvy... Spend an hour or so of your time, read up things which are readily available on the Internet!

Few tips for you all to consider when renewing, or even to consider stating to your insurance now ;)

1 - as of December 20th or 21st 2012, the law states that motor insurance must now be gender neutral (equality and diversity etc etc) basically means if you had a twin sister that's the same age, lives in the same house has the same job and same car then you will be EXACTLY the same premium...

So what I'm getting at is the fact you will have paid higher premiums before that date.. S phone your insurance tell them that, if they dispute it, kindly explain to them it is widely available on the Internet to read about! And your premium will drop :)! Mine dropped £790 ;)

2 - know what your saying ;-), like I said above, spend an hour or so reading up on rules and regulations etc etc.. I just got £50 off my insurance because the agent I spoke to said " we are regulated by the FSA" which.. Yes is true.. But it's not.. Lol! They are now know as the FCA.. (Financial services authority) now know as (financial conduct authority).. And I pulled her up on it.. She made a mistake! I didn't do it intentionally or in a be littling way.. She offered the discount I of course took it!

3 - all calls are "non-advised" meaning they CAN NO AT ANY POINT GIVE YOU ADVICE ON THE INSURANCE AND IF IT IS GOOD FOR YOU ETC ETC" again if they do... Pull them up on it :)

4 - make sure everything is all correct.. Always phone up and check to see if there are any offers/discounts for you to have! (Yes this happens lol)

5 - no.. I can't get you cheap insurance lol

Hope this helps! And sorry to go slightly off topic :-p

• 5 months later...

Mine comes up as a corrola but how can you insure it as a glanza because when ypu have to put the reg in it comes up as a corrola amd you can't select glanza, if it says ypu don't know the reg you can select glanza that way but it eventually will need your reg so will be a corolla again????

Mine comes up as a corrola but how can you insure it as a glanza because when ypu have to put the reg in it comes up as a corrola amd you can't select glanza, if it says ypu don't know the reg you can select glanza that way but it eventually will need your reg so will be a corolla again????

Phone them up. My glanza doesnt come up at all when searching online, but most places take it fine when i phone. Usually get better deals by phoning too.